hey.

can anyone tell me what i have to do to use my pc internet connection on my laptop.
too skint to get a router so im gonna have to use an ethernet cable.

my pc has xp, my laptop has vista.

cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Hey. I'm not sure about whether it will work with Vista (probably will). You can connect the two together with a crossover cable, this is important, a standard cat5 (Ethernet cable) won't do. MAKE SURE you get one with the word crossover on it, otherwise you've just bought a very expensive bit of string. Then in Xp, as far as I'm aware, you can enable a thing called internet connection sharing. Its in control panel - network connections (or something) then right click on the network connection (probably something like lan or Ethernet 1) then properties. A menu will come up and you click on the tcp/ip options then it should be in there. It works with xp to xp and xp to xbox/360. Sorry about being so vague, I'm typing on a mac so I can't check. If that doesn't work, google 'windows xp internet connection sharing' as far as I'm aware M/soft have a page on it. Again sorry about being vague! Hope this helps.
Quote by Metal_Injection
I got my first Orange today!!!! Its a Orange crush 15 watt with reverb, just a practice amp!! let me join!!!!

Quote by slatsmania
You can, but you have to sit at the kids' table for dinner.

Gibson LP + Orange Rocker 30
you could do what he said ^

OR

You could just take the cable out the back of your pc and plug it in your laptop.
nice one. cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------