Page 1 of 3
Yeah the sad thing is is that there are much worse stories about sexual predators out there.
Yeah, that's pretty shit. She did contact him behind her parents backs after then took away her computer.

Take from that what you will.
Quote by Vermintide
K.

lolz lyke omgz! 1'm le37 and i'm 1mprovinG my p0st count DRACULA, by putting lyke, omgz g3t rdy for it.

on3 f4wking lett3r.

There is no post count for the pit dip-choco-chunks, your doing nothing to contribute to this thread by posting that, it's just annoying.

get a life

In other hands, That's really bad that things like that happen, I don't know what's running through the peoples heads that do that kind of thing, it's just terrible, maybe if they went out for a walk they could realize how easy it is to meet people the proper way.
Quote by _Mayday_
Yeah, that's pretty shit. She did contact him behind her parents backs after then took away her computer.

Take from that what you will.

Yeah.

Not that I condone at all what happened, but you gotta think that the girl didn't do much to help her situation.
Funny words.
^Understatement.

Why the fuck are people still dumb enough to meet up with guys from the internet? Have they not heard ENOUGH stories of people getting raped? I mean, if you are going to do it, do it in a place that you know and take some friends. Jesus Christ.

And this girl was stopped by her parents from talking to him and then insisted on meeting up with him anyway.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Aug 5, 2007,
People should sto being such dumbasses telling people where they live and inviting them over.......and did that guy have no feelings of guilt afterwards?......seriously, people are stupid...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by richwatkinson
bitch had to be blind not to see That one coming...

Funny words.
Quote by AthenasGhost
lolz lyke omgz! 1'm le37 and i'm 1mprovinG my p0st count DRACULA, by putting lyke, omgz g3t rdy for it.

on3 f4wking lett3r.

There is no post count for the pit dip-choco-chunks, your doing nothing to contribute to this thread by posting that, it's just annoying.

get a life

Posts in the Pit don't count towards your post count, and Vermintide is a better poster than you.

K.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by AthenasGhost

...maybe if they went out for a walk they could realize how easy it is to meet people the proper way.

I don't think that helps them in any way.
Using the internet, people don't have ugliness or a personality.
The internet can help low esteemed people but there is still people who pray on those people out there.

What if they were ugly and decided to log onto one of those things and were woo'ed for love by someone? They meet them and they have already connected to each other over the net, fall in love ect.

You rarely see that in public if it's just a walk.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Meths
^Understatement.

Why the fuck are people still dumb enough to meet up with guys from the internet? Have they not heard ENOUGH stories of people getting raped? I mean, if you are going to do it, do it in a place that you know and take some friends. Jesus Christ.

And this girl was stopped by her parents from talking to him and then insisted on meeting up with him anyway.

Exactly. Her committing suicide was a pretty bad alternative for her in my opinion, though. I can't imagine what her parents did when they got home and saw her hanging there.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
yeah she was in love with him aparently.. so whose fault is it really?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
yeah she was in love with him aparently.. so whose fault is it really?

Hers.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
. I can't imagine what her parents did when they got home and saw her hanging there.

i can.

'hey honey, park the car can yoOHGODOHGODOHGODAARARRAAAAAGHNOOOO'
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Exactly. Her committing suicide was a pretty bad alternative for her in my opinion, though. I can't imagine what her parents did when they got home and saw her hanging there.

You could imagine it really.
Do you have kids? if not a sibling? if not a parent you live with/care for? a guardian?
What would you do then?
You'd freak.
Everyone would.

EDIT:
Quote by richwatkinson
i can.

'hey honey, park the car can yoOHGODOHGODOHGODAARARRAAAAAGHNOOOO'

That was sick in a strange way.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
It's sad that she died, but some people are idiots. I mean, some teenagers will be willing to meet anyone without a heartbeat. She was pretty dumb to meet up with him despite her parents warning her about this kind of stuff AND stopping her talking to the guy. She should've known that this kind of thing happens in the world now, it isn't as if it's an unheard of scenario.

Kristen's mother is determined to change the way predators operate online.

I'm sure I've heard parents say that kind of thing before about similar situations, but I can't say that I've noticed a change. Maybe I'm not that observant about these things.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Aug 5, 2007,
We don't live in a perfect world. There will always be victims of predators. The right thing to do is for parents to teach kids how to friggin listen to their parents. And for parents to BE THERE for their kids, so they can learn to not search for affirmation and acceptance in the wrong places and know how a real relationship should be. Both with bf/gfs and with just normal friends.

BTW I'm not saying to shelter kids, I'm just saying if parents these days took their family first and really did what they should be doing for them, then we wouldn't need to figure out a way for a computer to protect them instead.
We're only strays.
Quote by AthenasGhost

on3 f4wking lett3r.

get a life

In other hands, That's really bad that things like that happen, I don't know what's running through the peoples heads that do that kind of thing, it's just terrible, maybe if they went out for a walk they could realize how easy it is to meet people the proper way.

Posts in the pit don't even increase your count.

I didn't read any of your post. You're wasting your E-Breath, buddy.

Also, you correctly guessed the first three words in my e-mail adress. Are you psychic?
Last edited by Vermintide at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Hers.

Well, it's still his but she was extraordinarily stupid.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
You could imagine it really.
Do you have kids? if not a sibling? if not a parent you live with/care for? a guardian?
What would you do then?
You'd freak.
Everyone would.

I don't have kids, I'm 14

If I saw my parents hanging there, i honestly don't know what I would do. I might just stand there in disbelief, shocked and angry.

If i saw my girlfriend there, I'd probably go into a deep depression and contemplate killing myself.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Yeah.

Not that I condone at all what happened, but you gotta think that the girl didn't do much to help her situation.

it's true that she didn't really hel herself by contacting him behind her parents backs but it's still sad to see that there are still bastards like that dude that do unbelievibly stupid things like that..
Quote by Meths
Well, it's still his but she was extraordinarily stupid.

The way i look at it, it's hers. Her parents took away the computer and everything, and she continued to try to see him, and I just don't see how someone can fall in love with someone they've never even met, let alone after seeing all kinds of stories about practically the same thing. Sure, if that guy hadn't been a predator, it wouldn't have happened, but I still say it's her fault for believing him and continuing to see him.

Just my opinion on it, though.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
I don't have kids, I'm 14

If I saw my parents hanging there, i honestly don't know what I would do. I might just stand there in disbelief, shocked and angry.

If i saw my girlfriend there, I'd probably go into a deep depression and contemplate killing myself.

Well I did state a few other things than just kids.

But you answered what I needed to hear really.
You don't know what you would do.
Depression.

Quote by MustangMan311
The girl's ****ing problem.
Retards shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
Which would be the majority of this website.

So what your suggesting is to get all 'retards' off this website which is the majority eh?

So the mods and admin, ect. stay, so do all the other users.

You leave.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by MustangMan311

Which would be the majority of this website.

Willing to expand on that?
NOPE.
when i read things like that it makes you question how smart the teen is, i mean when i meet people online i dont tell them any personal info let alone my phone number and adress unless i get to know them well adn there is solid proof that there my age or w/e and they have no bad intentions. like if some guy just messaged me on myspace and i didnt know him i would talk to him... but then again maybe the girl was lonely and an outcast or something...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by charvel_man
Willing to expand on that?

I already did.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I already did.

Ahh, didn't see it buddy.

Quote by MustangMan311
You're fine. Actually, most of the people in this thread are fine.
But you don't recognize the absolute amount of retardation on these forums?

I will agree with you on the fact there is a lot of idiocy from users on these forums, but IMO, I do think that the people on the site would have enough sense to not meet someone over the internet they don't actually know. It's probably quite a low number of people who would still now meet people from over the internet, even after the surges of internet crimes. Personally I think that it's the people who don't really care about their own well-being and go against what their parents say to them to protect the young person.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Aug 5, 2007,
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
The way i look at it, it's hers. Her parents took away the computer and everything, and she continued to try to see him, and I just don't see how someone can fall in love with someone they've never even met, let alone after seeing all kinds of stories about practically the same thing. Sure, if that guy hadn't been a predator, it wouldn't have happened, but I still say it's her fault for believing him and continuing to see him.

Just my opinion on it, though.

It's his. He was the one who commmitted a crime. She was just dumb enough to put herself in a position where it was likely. It still isn't her fault. He is the one who committed the act and is ultimately responsible.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
It's his. He was the one who commmitted a crime. She was just dumb enough to put herself in a position where it was likely. It still isn't her fault. He is the one who committed the act and is ultimately responsible.

They're both at fault, him more than her.
She's at an age to be influenced.
He's at an age to influence.

btw Meths, London ain't the only place worth living, Newcastle Upon Tyne is amazing,
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Meths
^Understatement.

Agreed, to the fullest form of agreement.
I mean, I don't care WHAT you do, get him on web cam or WHATEVER! Just try and see if the person you are going to meet with is who they say they are.

And now, even though I do feel sorry for people who are preyed upon by offenders and whatnot... I'm finding it harder and harder to think of them as 'innocent'. I mean, they DID have a choice, they could have not gone to meet this person. And seriously, after her parents forbade her to speak to him, she still wanted to see him.
Sick.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
They're both at fault, him more than her.
She's at an age to be influenced.
He's at an age to influence.

btw Meths, London ain't the only place worth living, Newcastle Upon Tyne is amazing,

Eew, full of Geordies.

Quote by Nirvana_rocks73
And now, even though I do feel sorry for people who are preyed upon by offenders and whatnot... I'm finding it harder and harder to think of them as 'innocent'. I mean, they DID have a choice, they could have not gone to meet this person. And seriously, after her parents forbade her to speak to him, she still wanted to see him.
Sick.

Yeah she's dumb, she's still innocent. Perhaps a little too innocent and verging towards extreme naïvety but he's still the bastard at fault.

Oscar Wilde
pics or it didnt happen

sorry, me phail....

there are some really evil people out there.
I mean, I know she was pretty dumb, but dang, she was just fourteen, and already depressed enough to kill herself?
Page 1 of 3