Well UG, like some of you (I assume), I enjoy to cook a good, fresh meal with decent quality ingredients. Hopefully this could become a consultancy thread for people's questions and problems about cooking.
To start things off, i'm going to ask for a bit of advice.
Ive been going out with my girlfriend for a couple of weeks, and she's coming over in a few nights time, and i'm wondering what you guys might reccomend for me to cook. I'm no expert, but on the other hand i'm no cooking noob. Most of my cooking exploits involve fairly simple dishes such as risottos, paellas, stir-frys, steak & mash etc, and im looking to branch out a bit. Any Suggestions guys?

PS: a **** sandwich for her isnt an option

Thanks in advance
Drive me home Jeeves
well find out what type of food she likes best and go for that
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
some sort of grilled chicken salad?
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
C*ck cake.

Instead of branching out, why not go with a tried and tested recipe? You have all the time in the world to try new stuff. Besides, cooking her a paella would be a pretty impressive gesture.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
try some breaded chicken breast with basil and mozzerellla and seasonal vegetables, it sound sposh but is reall easy to make.

or go too a decent supermarket and get one of thoes "shove it in the oven and put it on a plate to inpress someone" easy cheap meals

if u want any help then gimmie a pm as im a chef and have been asked a few times too help with problems like yours
Quote by roythereaper
C*ck cake.

Instead of branching out, why not go with a tried and tested recipe?

You said tested recipe, I read testicled recipe.
Quote by Habit Zero
You said tested recipe, I read testicled recipe.

Remembering the other thread you just started, you have a very dirty mind.
I'm guessing you haven't tried the MOD Challenge?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by mattreid222
semen in a bun

You know once the same type of joke is already mentioned it loses its humor after it is repeated numerous times.
Make her either Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee for desert. Chicks dig flaming ice cream.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
try to figure out what she likes first.

make sure to make some kind of dessert...everyone loves flan, or fried ice cream.

oh yeah...and maybe bust out a bottle of wine?

remember: white is for seafood, rosé for poultry, and red for your red meats.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Penne Pomodoro is excellent.

Just looked that up, looks great, ill have to give that a go sometime soon

Quote by chriskent4687
try some breaded chicken breast with basil and mozzerellla and seasonal vegetables, it sound sposh but is reall easy to make.

or go too a decent supermarket and get one of thoes "shove it in the oven and put it on a plate to inpress someone" easy cheap meals

if u want any help then gimmie a pm as im a chef and have been asked a few times too help with problems like yours

Thanks for the advice mate, I like to do Chicken breast coated in fried eggy couscous, that would definitely go well with your suggestion of bazil, mozzarella and other veggies
Drive me home Jeeves
hmm...talking about food...

does anyone a good free site with some cool recepies? i'd like to try some stuff out and practice for when my gf and i move in after college.

yeah
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.