I play through a line 6, spider II head amp. i have been wanting to go to a tube and i recently played through a marshall head amp and loved it!
my style that i play are along the lines of breaking benjamin and mark tremonti.
what is the most affordable/best marshall head amp?

also, i need help getting the right tones for my line 6. i'm trying to get a good clean setting and a distortion setting along the lines of breaking benjamin, dark new day, sevendust. any suggestions? i appreciate anyone that has any info or suggestions for my problems. thanks and have a great day!
Stop trying to tweak in the line 6, it's pointless. Go for the marshall instead. Most marshalls are different so go for the model you tried (since you say you loved it). I got a JCM800 head + 412 and a JCM600 212 combo. The JCM600 is a good lowbudget choice in my opinion, it as decent distortion (not as good as the JCM800, but still good) and really good clean (unusual for a marshall).
a JCM 600 is similar to a plexi, yes? in which case, a bad choice for breaking benjamin and mark tremonti, who use mesas or something obviously higher gain than a marshall not meant for that kind of gain. a JCM 800 is arguable, but if youre going for marshall only and those are the sounds you want you should go with a JCM 2000. all of them are a decent buck though, so you should try many things before you buy it, not just marshalls.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
hmm. my bad. i still think if youre going to get A marshall, a 2000 dsl or maybe an 800 would be best.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R