This is probably the wrong place for this and i used the search bar and didn't find anything. But how do you find your nps?
errmmm

take the number of notes played and divide by the number of seconds it took to play.....

Quote by gurusan
errmmm

take the number of notes played and divide by the number of seconds it took to play.....

no i heard of a different way to find it by using your Bpm and what kind of notes played at that speed but i dont remember how you do it.
with 60bpm, each tick is a second.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
120 bpm. on the beat thats a note every half a second. so if you fit 4 notes between ticks thats a note every 8th of a second thus 8 notes per second.
Well, for example, playing 4ths on 60bpm is 1nps (One 4th = One beat, and at 60 beats per minute, one beat = one minute). So if you play 16ths at 60bpm it's 4nps. 16ths at 240bpm is 16nps. You see how it goes.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by poopt
Honestly, what's the point?

It's an ego booster for people who shred, they compare their nps-penis to other shredders' to see who has it larger.

EDIT: Damn, beaten.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
There were threads about this with speedy Guitarists in another forum. I believe the way they did it was someone took the "fastest" part of a song, and cut the fastest second out of it. Then, you slow that second down (with something like Audacity or ACID), and count the notes. As long as you're not playing slop, and you take exactly one second, it works.

On a side note, this is your fastest NPS speed, as long as you are playing your fastest, and you take the quickest second of your playing.

EDIT: Side note #2, and this NPS counting is only important if you can actually use it in a song and make it sound good. If you're just showing off, then it's a waste.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Last edited by Kylster at Aug 5, 2007,
Either you do it by slowing it down and figuring out how many times in a second (or fraction of a second) or do it this way-

(notes per beat x beats per minute) divided by 60.

notes per beat- 4 for 16th, 8 for 32nd, 6 for sextuplets, etc.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Kylster

EDIT: Side note #2, and this NPS counting is only important if you can actually use it in a song and make it sound good. If you're just showing off, then it's a waste.

Exactly how does NPS counting contribute to music composition...?