I have a PRS SE Custom, and the bridge is off. Its a fixed bridge, so only two screws but the innotation seems to be of, though when you check the 12 fret harmonics is fine, it is off when you start playing up the fretboard, which may be to do with not enough string tension. Also the pickups are off I think. The neck sounds to fuzzy and overly bassy, and the bridge doesnt have as much punch as the neck. So I was wondering does anyone know how high your supposed to set the bridge on these sorts of guitars ? Is there are generally accepted height, or height for the strings above the fretboard ? And how to know when I've got my pickups right ?
thnx
That happened on mine, when i downtuned it would sound fine say open but as soon as i played a chord it would sound out if thats what you mean? Also my bridge pickup arent in line with strings, to fix this you need to move the pickup which may cause a mark. Id take it to be professionally done its what i did, strongly recommend it.
Sheesh, you had to move the pickups?

So much for PRSs being high-quality
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
^

I got the low end tremonti and i didnt end up moving the pickups i raised them which may help you in getting the punchyness - plays like a dream though pickups may have problems too but sound very sweet
Quote by nathhan
That happened on mine, when i downtuned it would sound fine say open but as soon as i played a chord it would sound out if thats what you mean? Also my bridge pickup arent in line with strings, to fix this you need to move the pickup which may cause a mark. Id take it to be professionally done its what i did, strongly recommend it.

yeah, thats the probs. having to move the pickup, that sucks though. I'll work with the height first and see what I can do, and if not, I'll get it to a guitar tech.
i've found the pickup thing with my se custom, i've tried ajusting the heights but it didn't help i just put them back where they started and i have an eq set up when i use that guitar it sorts the punch and the over bassyness out.

plus mine has a trem yours is a stopbar right? cos i've had no trouble with the intonation whatsoever it even stays in tune after repeated heavy bending with the trem arm.