-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
--4--4-------2--2--------5--5---------4--4-------
--------2--2-------2--2--------2--2--------2--2-
d u u d d u u d d u u d d u d u

d= downstroke
u= upstroke

ok this is a little section is played fast in a song im learning and i cant seem to sweep across the strings smoothly and in rhythm (i have no sweeping experience really) . When i switch strings is when i lose rhythm, from switching too fast or too slow. Any practice techniques i can use? or does it just simply take time
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
padan00b? if your going to be a smartass

1) lets see some videos of you
2) the fact that i cant sweep like a man whose sold his soul to the devil doesnt make me a n00b

and 3) make sure your remarks are actually the slightest bit humourous
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Quote by viginti_tres
noobiest 07'r EVER

Watever,
but yeah if you keep practicing it over and over you'll eventually get it
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by viginti_tres

2) the fact that i cant sweep like a man whose sold his soul to the devil doesnt make me a n00b

that doesn't look like sweeping to me... it just looks like alternating between strings, which isn't that hard with a bit of practice
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Quote by viginti_tres

same to u buddy..<.<..nooooob..lols >.<
Quote by who farted?
im white and i poop brown....

do black people poop white??

I'm 14 and I haven't gotten laid yet..This really sucks.
Quote by BlooEyes14
same to u buddy..<.<..nooooob..lols >.<

if i expected someone to laugh at what i said i would be mad at wat you said, but i suppose i cant get simple answers to simple questions here...
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Quote by viginti_tres

chill out dude. it's just a joke.

anyway, practice uber-slow with a metronome and gradually build it up. start slow enough that you're on rhythm, and crank it up about 4-8bpm after you master each.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by viginti_tres

It's advise - it means(to anyone with an IQ that's at least double figures) that you ought to PRACTICE IT. It's how you get to do things you can't do right away.
The fact that you asked this in the Pit, rather than the electric guitar forum(where it belongs) makes you a n00b. Thus I choose not to waste my rapier-like wit on a n00b such as yourself. N00b.
Quote by MightyAl
It's advise - it means(to anyone with an IQ that's at least double figures) that you ought to PRACTICE IT. It's how you get to do things you can't do right away.
The fact that you asked this in the Pit, rather than the electric guitar forum(where it belongs) makes you a n00b. Thus I choose not to waste my rapier-like wit on a n00b such as yourself. N00b.

lol +1
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
yeah its not a sweep at all n00bster. lol, dont get mad now. just alternate pick and play it as slow as you need to at first, then build up speed. the suggested up and down pick motions are useless. you just pick it in the most efficient way you find works for you, and build up aforementioned speed
Quote by viginti_tres

I think the fact that you call yourself the 'n00biest 07r ever'might, however.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
I think the fact that you call yourself the 'n00biest 07r ever'might, however.

already posted
Take it easy you fool, he gave the right advice, keep practicing.Asking people on UG isnt gonna help anything, practice economy picking or sweeping and it'll help you in the future as well.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
ITT: n00b kid completely overreacts to a rather amusing play on a Star Wars motif, which he probably didn't even see due to being a n00b (Even admitting so in his title).