Musicians Friend seems to be fraught with deals on Peavey Grind Basses http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Grind-Bass-6-BXP-NTB-6String-Bass?sku=511372V

I have been considering buying one of these for a while but recently i decided to save up and get a nice carvin bass. The money is not really the issue, even if I buy this i can still save up and get the carvin at about the same time. Anyway ive been wanting to get a high C string but right now I still need the low B. Im thinking along the lines of getting a Peavey Grind, either a 5, tuned EADGC or just get a 6er. But are these basses crappy. If they are somebody should tell me. And Im in touch with a good luthier so it can be fixed if need be out of box.

Tata
I've heard nothing but good things about these basses, and yes, the specs seem too good for the price. Anyway, they don't retail here in Sweden, so I haven't gotten round to try one out, and that's the only thing keeping me from deciding whether I should get one or not.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
They seemed fine when I played one, I say get it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I'd say go for it, I've played a low-end Peavey bass and while it did need some maintainence I'd say go for the high end ones; I'll bet they're great.

By the same token: always try before you buy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i'd say get it mate
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."