Picked this up on ebay today for $89. Seems like a good deal...but I don't know too much about it...can anyone shed some light for me.
Attachments:
5fb2_12.jpg
Gear:

Epiphone Ltd Edition Wildkat
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
Marshall Valvestate VS100
My friends dad has one of them. He loves the thing
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10
Beware, Squires are crap. Mostly. Unless you do some heavy modding to get it to actually play in tune and get all the frets to play different notes than the others...
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
wow...no matter how crappy a guitar is...and trust me I have owned some...I have never had a problem getting it to play different notes on different frets...what kind of guitars are you playing? This is an old Squier as the title states so I am thinking it should be pretty decent.
Gear:

Old Squier's aren't bad. Some of them. I played this old superstrat Squier and the thing suprised the hell out of me. Neck felt like a Jackson Dinky, and the build quality was at least better then what Squier is now.

That Squier in the pictures looks pretty nice, obviously thats just by looks but if you put some nice pickups in it I bet it would scream.
Quote by Fred1000000
Beware, Squires are crap. Mostly. Unless you do some heavy modding to get it to actually play in tune and get all the frets to play different notes than the others...

I take you never played an early 80s MIJ or MIK SQUIER, because many of them own the crap out of American Strats (they were built with American parts and pickups too)

Silly bandwagon kids, Not all Squiers are crap

Now, to the T/S, do you have the serial #?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Fred1000000

uhm... what you said there has absolutely nothing to do with a guitar being good or bad. Learn how to tune and set up a guitar and try again. With a good setup, even a newer squier can be a good guitar.

also these 1980s models are excellent guitars.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
We have a late 80's squire just like that at school and it plays brilliantly, alder body and decent hardware, definately on par with MIM fender's.
Quote by Bloodshed
I take you never played an early 80s MIJ or MIK SQUIER, because many of them own the crap out of American Strats (they were built with American parts and pickups too)

Now, to the T/S, do you have the serial #?

exactly. i would gladly take a korean, japanese or american squier anyday. they are much nicer than "most" MIMs.
Quote by Bloodshed

rofl quoted
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Well, I'm not to keen on red guitars so I am thinking of refinishing it. I probably won't be able to find any decent replacement pickguards so I am stuck with that one. What kind of pickups do you guys think I should put in it?
Gear:

Quote by twinkybandit
Well, I'm not to keen on red guitars so I am thinking of refinishing it. I probably won't be able to find any decent replacement pickguards so I am stuck with that one. What kind of pickups do you guys think I should put in it?

How much are you looking to spend on pickups?? What kind of music are you hoping to play on it?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge