im going to go into cingular tomorrow to get a new phone (that is, if i find out that i cant get something better off of ebay). im trying to find a phone that has the following stuff

1.good for texting cause i text a lot
2. good features (right now i have a razr and it sucks cause you cant do much on it really)
3. decent call quality and reception.

right now what im thinking is the samsung blackjack. does anyone have anything they think would be better, or do you think this would fit what i want?

o and btw, the main thing i would do with it is text, mess with teachers computers via bluetooth while im bored at school, and probably talk for like 20 minutes a day.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
im going to go into cingular tomorrow to get a new phone (that is, if i find out that i cant get something better off of ebay). im trying to find a phone that has the following stuff

2. good features (right now i have a razr and it sucks cause you cant do much on it really)

right now what im thinking is the samsung blackjack. does anyone have anything they think would be better, or do you think this would fit what i want?

save and get an iPhone. much better than blackjack
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by Stoner stone
save and get an iPhone. much better than blackjack

ok theres no way im spending 600 dollars on a phone

o and to the other guy, i have at&t so i couldnt get a sidekick, unless i got it off ebay but i really dont wanna have to do that
Lunatics on pogo sticks
yeah, dont waste your cash on an iphone. blackjacks are alright, you seem to have the idea. thats what i would go for, imo
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
instead of ****ign w/ comps. YOU COULD BE ON UG! (ive got one and i go here all the time on it. works perfect.) or listen to music
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
well just from what ive seen the blackjack is like a PDA and a normal phone mixed. i want to be able to do more stuff with my phone than i can with my razr which doesnt have very many features, but i dont need a full on pda so i thought this might be good. and it has windows mobile 5 which i dont know if its good or not, but its something different...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
you should just drop at&t, get out while you can. Worst service ive ever had, btw I have it right now....
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
iPhones suck. The AT&T network sucks, so web browsing on an iPhone is retarded. Good idea, but some serious issues.

Blackjack is a good phone. Its a Windows Moble based phone that works quite well.

PS: I'm not a Windows fanboy... I'm a Linux user.
stoner stone, can you give me your AIM screen name or msn messenger email so i can ask you about it, then i could just delete this thread. it would be faster
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

o and btw, the main thing i would do with it is text, mess with teachers computers via bluetooth while im bored at school, and probably talk for like 20 minutes a day.

my sister has a blackjack. it's pretty sweet. get it. i don't really care that my phone doesn't have a web browser or that i cant listen to music because i have an ipod and a computer for that. it would be cool if it did though . but i like how you're going to use the bluetooth man ace idea
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Heres an idea... realize that your cell phone is entirely superficial and your need for it is completely ideological.

The reason you think you need a cell phone is because you are confident with your self image, and thus believe that having and expensive phone and constantly talking to your "friends" will make you "cool"... and in the eyes of your fellow self centered, superficial, social attention *****s it does.

The only reason one could possibly have for owning and/or using a cell phone other than the superficial reason listed above, is for emergencies and contacting transportation... for example when Im at work and they let me go home early I pull out my prepaid Virgin Mobile and call home...

Your really not that important that you need to "constantly stay in touch" with your friends by texting and then calling them to talk about your text... really its all a load of superfluous bull**** that for some reason young people today think makes them "cool" and "hip" when really it just shows the complacency of young people to corporations and capitalism
Quote by Beowulf 2112
Heres an idea... realize that your cell phone is entirely superficial and your need for it is completely ideological.

The reason you think you need a cell phone is because you are confident with your self image, and thus believe that having and expensive phone and constantly talking to your "friends" will make you "cool"... and in the eyes of your fellow self centered, superficial, social attention *****s it does.

The only reason one could possibly have for owning and/or using a cell phone other than the superficial reason listed above, is for emergencies and contacting transportation... for example when Im at work and they let me go home early I pull out my prepaid Virgin Mobile and call home...

Your really not that important that you need to "constantly stay in touch" with your friends by texting and then calling them to talk about your text... really its all a load of superfluous bull**** that for some reason young people today think makes them "cool" and "hip" when really it just shows the complacency of young people to corporations and capitalism

sounds like someone is anti-social. the reason i have a cell phone is because my parents want to know where i am when im not at home, and so i can get ahold of anyone else i need to when im not at home. asshole
Lunatics on pogo sticks
go VERIZON man, trust me you wont regret it. My 2 years with then, i have never lost a call. its like the best reception you will ever get.
Quote by silentliquid
go VERIZON man, trust me you wont regret it. My 2 years with then, i have never lost a call. its like the best reception you will ever get.

im on a family plan with cingular so i cant really do that.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
oh... well next time. I used to have cingular, when i had it i was like nice nice, then we moved to verizon. its nice+wow. Im also on a family plan. hehe.