so i recently started being vegetarian.... i like it soo far but my only question is, well i am training to become a chef. and when i make soups i use beef and chicken stocks(artificial) and i always have to taste the soups to render the seasoning... do you vegetarians eat things containing stocks... ex:mr noodles.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Last edited by sketchy z at Aug 6, 2007,
I'm not vegetarian but I'm pretty sure it only matters if it actually contains an animal.
Yes. You can make vegetable stock too.

><

Edit: If you're going to become a chef, you'll probably want learn how to make your own stock. Also, unless you're going to work in a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, being a vegetarian probably won't help seeing as you'll have to taste your cooking at some point...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
On your resume, you might want to spell "chef" correctly. Why don't you just not use meat broth?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
why would a chef be a vegetarian
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Napalmdeth
you wanna be a shef eh. good luck in life brah

I have a friend thats a "chef" who cooks for a multi millionaire. Wonder what kind of money he brings in? The good kind.
you wanna be a chef, but you can't spell the word 'chef'?

Since your vegetarian, I'm gonna take a couple shots in the dark about you.

You have multi-colored hair
You're in PETA 2
You like photography
You have more than 200 friends on your myspace
You have/want a lipring
You have studded belts
You wear girl jeans

Maybe you're not all these things. I'm just ranting about how vegetarian or vegan is the new thing all the scene kids are doing, just like the rest of that list up there.
Last edited by HeavenlyVirus at Aug 6, 2007,
hahahah sorry about shef...... ive been drinking
GO Islanders!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
you wanna be a chef, but you can't spell the word 'chef'?

Since your vegetarian, I'm gonna take a couple shots in the dark about you.

You have multi-colored hair
You're in PETA 2
You like photography
You have more than 200 friends on your myspace
You have/want a lipring
You have studded belts
You wear girl jeans

Maybe you're not all these things. I'm just ranting about how vegetarian or vegan is the new thing all the scene kids are doing, just like the rest of that list up there.

1. no im blond.
2. no but thought about it.
3. yes just finished making a snowboard movie.
4. no never owned myspace.
5. hate piecrings so no.
6. NO.
7. have 2 pairs of tighter jeans but they are just sllim fit mens.
GO Islanders!

Quote by theguitarist
Yes. You can make vegetable stock too.

><

Edit: If you're going to become a chef, you'll probably want learn how to make your own stock. Also, unless you're going to work in a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, being a vegetarian probably won't help seeing as you'll have to taste your cooking at some point...

no i know i can make vegatble stocks. i make them all the time. i also make beef and chicken stock on a consistant basis but my question is is it wrong to drink the stocks even though it is made from the BONES OF THE ANIMAL?
GO Islanders!

No, I would assume it's fine.
My friend can have it and she's vegetarian.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by sketchy z
no i know i can make vegatble stocks. i make them all the time. i also make beef and chicken stock on a consistant basis but my question is is it wrong to drink the stocks even though it is made from the BONES OF THE ANIMAL?

Well...*sniff*....when you use caps lock like that you make it seem wrong.

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
my other mummy is a chef. and yeah its hard to just apply to veggie stuff.
but one little spoon taste shouldnt matter.
i was raised vegetarian, that means im going on 24 years of not eatting meat. you cant use stocks because it does have animal "pieces" for lack of a better word in it. use george washington brown or golden broth in its places, every market carries it. i also recomend morning star and loma linda vegie foods. just look them up online. when it comes to broth and extracts, someone like me who has never had meat will get sick if they eat it. we cant diegest it because weve never had it. that means a few hours of vomiting. if you have anyother questions you can PM me.
I'm vegetarian (since i was born, don't call me a scene kid)

I don't eat Meat Broths. Neither do my parents (who, obviously enough, are also vegetarians.)
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
to takie it away and seek and destroy. would you two eat/drink stocks that have been made from animal bones, not meat.
GO Islanders!

Quote by seek_&_destroy

I don't eat Meat Broths. Neither do my parents (who, obviously enough, are also vegetarians.)

+1 for us. why are you vegie if you dont mind me asking? i am out of religious beliefs

EDIT: no i wouldnt, its pretty much the samething.
yaaa i thought so. like i am vege for the moral reasons but cooking is the only thing i am good at. well i used to eat meat when i got into the industry but i think will need to taste stocks etc. untill i am qualified enough to go into a vegetarian resturant. i at least try to saveanimals while i can though... iguess.....
GO Islanders!

hey, its your choice. i wouldnt say you arnt because you use stock. did you ever think about finding a vegie/vegan deli or bakery to work at? im just asking because thats how my buddy is getting into the industry.
i don't care whteher i am labled vegatarian or not i do it for my own reasons... i unfortuanatly work in an industry where i am forced to absorb the stocks untill i am qualified enough(my red seal) to get a job instantly at a vegetarian resturant.
GO Islanders!

If you're going to be a vegetarian for moral reasons rather than health/diet, then you shouldn't drink stock made from real meat. The animal is still killed, and meat particles still are digested by you, even though it's in a small amount.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd say that eating anything that has touched an animal part if you are a vegan for moral reasons is pretty much wrong. Tell you what, I'll solve your problem, I will personally taste/eat anything and everything that you cook that contains meat.

I think I'm gonna go start a thread about vegetarians now.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Why do you care if other vegetarians do or don't eat/taste this or that? You should decide for yourself whether you think it's ok to do it or not. Afterall, that's what being a vegetarian is about, isn't it? Expressing your own thoughts about consuming produce from animals.
Quote by seek_&_destroy

+2

you could become a chef for a vegetarian restaurant (sp?)... if you don't know, some can be pretty exepensive. so there
-andrés

WHO IS TONY ROMO !?!?