Poll Options
View poll results: Whats the better system
Sega genesis/mega drive
31 39%
Super Nintendo
48 61%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
Im doing this on my wii web browser so im gonna be kinda slow gettin the poll up and typin replys
Anywho this was the greatest console war in history without a doubt. snes takes the prize for me. I loved sonic, shining force, earthworm jim, shinobi and whatnot, but snes has mario, metroid, zelda, legend of the mystical ninja, street fighter, donkey kong, chrono trigger, the final fantasy games (im dying for those to come out on wii's virtual console)and so much more. sorry if i got a little long winded there, my newly aquired wii makes me have video games on the brain, especially the classics that you can buy on the virtual console. in case you forgot the poll topic was is the genesis/mega drive better or the snes?
Last edited by RandyVanHendrix at Aug 6, 2007,
i wasnt sure who to pick i mean the genesis does has "blast processing" whatever the fuck that is
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
I liked the genesis more only because I had one when I was a kid (I still have it)

The NES/SNES was before my time.
snes cause of final fantasy, ghouls and ghosts
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I liked the genesis more only because I had one when I was a kid (I still have it)

The NES/SNES was before my time.

you do know that the genesis was released before the snes right
Quote by RandyVanHendrix

u just pwned him with time
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
wow, the snes was before your time? i was playing that by age 6 at the latest, maybe older. how old ARE you?

edit: and sorry, i love sonic. anyone know how to beat the carnival level in sonic 3? i ALWAYS get stuck at the trap.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Megadrive > Nintendo
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by RandyVanHendrix

Oops.

I guess the SNES wasn't.

I'm 17 by the way.

Also, the only reason I had any game console until I got a PS1 in the mid-90's, is because my Dad had a Genesis.

Quote by Rankles
Megadrive > Nintendo

I can't decide.

Even though I play way more games on the SNES and only about 5 on the Genesis.
Quote by no1flyhalf
wow, the snes was before your time? i was playing that by age 6 at the latest, maybe older. how old ARE you?

edit: and sorry, i love sonic. anyone know how to beat the carnival level in sonic 3? i ALWAYS get stuck at the trap.

up down up down repeat as needed
i picked sega casue i had one but i rlly wanted a super nes. I remember when i first got it man that was sooo awesome its like the first time i started gaming i was so young and i just moved to a new city and my mom made some friends and one of their kids had sega and now he's a total nerd but he was like my idol and my dad saw an ad on the newspaper for sega, and so i bought it and he gave me like so many sports games and **** but the one game i wnated was sonic the hedgehog 2. **** if my stupid wire didn't break i would play it right now i bet i can totally beat the game and get super sonic and ****. and then i kept buying games like every week from this store for like 5 bucks , good times. anyways , ya i tink sega is better casue they ahd more unique games i mean they had ****ed up games like Bubsy a ****ed up rabbit, the punisher ,and like this game where u build robots and rip each other apart. i dono they prbly had it on nes too cuz i never had a supernes but sega was like killing. Then the next gen was like dream cast vs n64 and n64 had wayyy better games like golden eye and donkey kong and mario kart 64 and **** while dreamcast was gay casue u had to use a cd and ****. thas probably why sega's making games now for nintendo. man when i got n64 i was like so excited i didn't even finish my ice cream cake and i had the biggest peice, i should have listend to my mother when she said i wasn't gonna finish it
Oh god Sega Genesis. Although I own both now, I have about 300 Sega Genesis games and still play said console on a near-daily basis (thank-you very much Sega Nomad).
MegadriveMegadriveMegadriveMegadriveMegadrive.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
SNES! All Nintendo consoles (apart from Wii, IMO cause I haven't played it yet) own all else. I mean, look at N64. Best console ever. So, in this argument SNES wins each time.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
did mega drive have lost vikings? i dont know, but snes did so snes wins. you know they just had to have a 3 piece power metal band it was obvious
Quote by goth clash
SNES! All Nintendo consoles (apart from Wii, IMO cause I haven't played it yet) own all else. I mean, look at N64. Best console ever. So, in this argument SNES wins each time.

just so you know. the wii is awesome
This is totally bogus, NES is the greatest system of all time. They have yet to make a game as good as the original Contra.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
just so you know. the wii is awesome

Oh, ok....I should really play it. But seeing as you have declared the Wii awesome, all Nintendo consoles own!
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
do any of you remember those commercials for the sega. there are those dragsters with tv's strapped on to the back to explain "blast processing" oh good times
Quote by ShaunDiel
Well I've never played a nes/snes, but they couldn't possibly have anything more awesome than the combination of Sonic and Billy the Kidd games so I've gotta say megadrive.
don't let the forest grow over the path you came here by
Quote by iceman95
do any of you remember those commercials for the sega. there are those dragsters with tv's strapped on to the back to explain "blast processing" oh good times

whats blast processing?
Too hard to call.

Genesis was awesome. Sure, they weren't PERFECT, but no console is.

SNES seems to have m ore of the lasting classics, but that doesn't take away from Genesis. The Genesis STILL had great games, and I just loved it.

I still have both consoles, and love playing them.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I loved Genesis so much, I still do. I never had a SNES but my uncle had one so I played it whenever I went to his house. I enjoyed it, but still didn't play it enough to compare the two. I've always liked Sonic better than Mario though.
Quote by AngusX
This is totally bogus, NES is the greatest system of all time. They have yet to make a game as good as the original Contra.

I thought Super C, Contra III, and Contra: Hard Corps were just as good. (Contra Force was ok too, but the last boss was just impossible)

Also, Contra 4 is coming out on the DS later this year, it looks good from the videos I've seen.
SNES.

Seriously, why otherwise?
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Metal claw
I thought Super C, Contra III, and Contra: Hard Corps were just as good. (Contra Force was ok too, but the last boss was just impossible)

Also, Contra 4 is coming out on the DS later this year, it looks good from the videos I've seen.

Hell the first level of contra III is impossible
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Hell the first level of contra III is impossible

???

No it's not. Even on hard mode it's not that bad. But I have never beaten the game, I start to die a lot on stage 5.
SNES will most likely win but I myself am a Sega man.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by Metal claw
???

No it's not. Even on hard mode it's not that bad. But I have never beaten the game, I start to die a lot on stage 5. (or was it 6? I can't remember. The stage after the missile fight)

its hard for me because everything happens so fast. im new at the game though so i'll get better
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
whats blast processing?

that's why those commercials always stuck with me. they dont explain a damn thing!
Quote by ShaunDiel
so that's what that is "Sega do what Nintendon't" even still SNES is better
Quote by ShaunDiel
Quote by iceman95
so that's what that is "Sega do what Nintendon't" even still SNES is better

If you want a good example of "Sega do what Nintendon't" then buy Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA.

EDIT:

Also, have you played some Genesis games?

I really can't say that either one is better than the other, they each have their thing.
Last edited by Metal claw at Aug 6, 2007,
Quote by Metal claw
If you want a good example of "Sega do what Nintendon't" then buy Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA.

it doesn't matter anyway we all knew who won that battle sega is now making games for nintendo so the phrase should now be "Sega Ninendo's bitch."
Quote by ShaunDiel
Quote by iceman95
it doesn't matter anyway we all knew who won that battle sega is now making games for nintendo so the phrase should now be "Sega Ninendo's bitch."

Blah. I don't care about this battle thing.

But it's all good, Sonic Rush for the DS was awesome.
Page 1 of 2