Im Compiling a list of guitar stores, for my own use and for some friends. the point of this thread, is name off 2 guitar stores. 1 thats bollocks, and one thats actually decent, and a reason. Its seems majority of them appear to be utter garbage. ill start it

Worst: Guitar Center-Reason: Retarded staff. I was there one day, and they had a Mesa Mark II-C+ for sale for $1300. quite obviously they had NOOO idea what they had in their possesion.

Best: Long And McQuade: Reason: fair prices, helpful staff, and some damn nice guitars and amps.
O.K, you do know that people live in different places...and the staff at GC might not be so retarded where they are?
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Do online stores count? If so, MusiciansFriend ftw!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yea..in Indiana..Guitar Center's staff in Greenwood are extremely helpful..now Indy Pro Audio in Indianapolis..wellll...they're dumb. They overprice EVERYTHING..my pedal that I got for 21 dollars(shipping/tax included) costs 55 up there..my Schecter costs over 100 dollars more than I paid for it too.
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
Best: Kentucky Music Company. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good variety too.

Worst: Musicians Pro. Over pricing not helpful staff and no damn variety. Seriously all they have is Fenders and whole damn store dedicated to em. Oh and did I mention WAY OVER PRICING.
Equipment:

ESP LTD F-250 Titanium

Marshall MG 30 DFX
Quote by zEp101
O.K, you do know that people live in different places...and the staff at GC might not be so retarded where they are?

ya i happen to realise that assdock. whats the matter? you work at GC? if so then your theory has been proved wrong and only enhanced mine by posting.
Quote by pimpslap1236
ya i happen to realise that assdock. whats the matter? you work at GC? if so then your theory has been proved wrong and only enhanced mine by posting.

You officially fail, please /uninstall the Internet.

The guys at my local Guitar Center are for the most part very helpful, so as the other guy said it differs from store to store (the prices aren't bad either...).

I will not be visiting my local Sam Ash again, unless I need something simple... they have crappy selections of guitars, decent prices, and useless staff.
Last edited by Habit Zero at Aug 6, 2007,
Best - Rockshop. Reason - I went in to buy a behringer pedal when i first started and they refused to sell it to me because they said it wasnt worth the money, and they were right. They'd never rip anyone off or sell anyone something thats not worth it unless they really needed it.
Best shop: Gig Sounds (my local) because they have given me money off at times (They reduced my ESP by about £60) and they give me hair tips.

Worst: Rockers. They're really not nice to customers most of the time. I've noticed they really take the piss out of guitarists and their choice of guitar unless they choose one thats really expensive or their favorite make of guitar. And they overprice their strings (£7 for a pack of 8's)
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Well, I have only found one shop I really like. Guitar Center is always to crowded, and too many people have to play their fast Metal music too loud. The Classical guitars are okay, but very overpriced.

I know a local place, with electric guitars, but the guy who owns it is a very accomplished classical guitarist (he even met Segovia a few times). I take lessons there, and he knows me pretty well. So he will show me the new guitars he ordered, that were made by Francisco Navarro (won 1st place in Mexico 3 times for guitar-making compeitions). He keeps those guitars hidden, because he doesn't want people going in the store and picking them up because many people don't know what they are doing. I have never in my life played such amazing guitars.
Guitar Center FTW! The guys always help me.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by K1nG_N07hinG
Best: Kentucky Music Company. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good variety too.

Worst: Musicians Pro. Over pricing not helpful staff and no damn variety. Seriously all they have is Fenders and whole damn store dedicated to em. Oh and did I mention WAY OVER PRICING.

Going to Bowling Green tomorrow my friend. Good to know someone lives close to me on here
music 6000 in tumwater WA is awesome. they have good quality stuff for sale and the staff is knowledgeable.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
I live an hour away from the MusiciansFriend clearance center in Kansas City. It is the absolute best place to buy gear. They have alot of stuff in stock and in the back, and you get to try it before you buy it. They have a great staff too, they're always willing to lend a hand if you need help. Great, great place.

Guitar Center on the other hand...not so good. It's closer, only 20 minutes, but I rather drive to MF. The staff is a bunch of interns that wouldn't know a six string from a bass. They also have no idea on the items they have in stock, or the prices for them. They had Zakk Wylde's Gibson for $9,999 USD, when MF had it for $6,900 USD.

MusiciansFriend: Hell Yeah!

Guitar Center: Hell No.
Creator and member # 1 of the "UREH UREH" Club. PM me to join.