Today i decided i'm going to write a song completely out of instruments made of junk. I know its been done before, but I was looking for some ideas on what i could use to make an instrument out of. Anyobdy ever done anything like this?
I have a feeling the piece will have a lot of percussion. It should have a good beat to it. Search around on youtube for inspiration and ideas. Stringed instruments will be difficult to make, with a good sound, though.
make percussions out of desks, that´s all I can think of.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by The Madcap
I have a feeling the piece will have a lot of percussion. It should have a good beat to it. Search around on youtube for inspiration and ideas. Stringed instruments will be difficult to make, with a good sound, though.

Yeah, it would have to be mainly percussion. But i'm sure i'll be able to make some tuned instruments from something... It'l take a while though
the rubber band and shoebox guitar?

thats all i got...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by 7daycrisis
Yeah, it would have to be mainly percussion. But i'm sure i'll be able to make some tuned instruments from something... It'l take a while though

Perhaps using pipes and hitting them with sticks might be interesting. Or fill somethings with different amounts of water, to get an unusual sound.
http://www.balloonbass.com/

I managed to get a usable one by just attaching a piece of elastic to the desk (though mic/ear positioning is very important).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
if you tap on the underside of your cutlery draw, it makes a good snare drum sound...
don't ask how i know this. lol
Thanks for the ideas so far. So far i'm blowing bubbles in my drink and shaking a bag of chips
Get a tin bowl with a flat bottom...fill it with a little bit of water and hit the bowl (best sound comes from the centre)....it kicks so much ass!

It sounds like whammy pedal thing...point is it is awesome
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!