Too feel intimidated when going to a punk show, or so it seems for me. I am a huge fan of punk rock. The attitude, the message, the energy when seeing a live show. But I notice people at shows im attending look at me funny and find it odd that I like both Black Flag and Alice In Chains. Or the Misfits(Danzig days) and the Butthole Surfers.

Im reminded of seeing a Casualties show a while back and I swear everyone except me had on a leather jacket, spike bracelets, and a mohawk. I show up in a Black Flag T-shirt, pants and converse. Not to mention my hair which is way past shoulder length. I got called a poser, stares etc. but 2 40's later and I didnt care what they said =p

Is it that odd to say, "Iggy Pop is in town, oh and KoRn came out with another album." What makes a true punk rocker these days? Would I be discriminated if I played a live show infront of them?
Quote by CrimsonGhost69

Im reminded of seeing a Casualties show a while back and I swear everyone except me had on a leather jacket, spike bracelets, and a mohawk. I show up in a Black Flag T-shirt, pants and converse.

Are you implying that no one else at the show was wearing pants? I got to get me to a Casualties' concert!

Quote by CrimsonGhost69
Is it that odd to say, "Iggy Pop is in town, oh and KoRn came out with another album." What makes a true punk rocker these days? Would I be discriminated if I played a live show infront of them?

First question: No, I personally think Korn are crap but you do not have to listen to punk exclusively. Hell, I started getting into punk at 15 and show tunes at 14.

Second question: What's always made a true punk rocker. Devotion to punk rock and, to some extent, the attitudes and ideals that fuel it. You are allowed to like other music and you are allowed to wear what you want to wear.

Third question: If you are discriminated against and it's just because you aren't dressed in enough gear then **** em all and take your music to people mature enough to judge a band by their music and not what their wearing.

(I AM one of those people with body piercings and a mohawk so I'd appreciate it if no quotes my posts and says 'Yeah people who dress "punk" are just doing it so they can fit in!" or something else to that effect.)
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
To be fair it was a Casualties concert. You shouldn't expect to be well received at a Casualties concert if you're not punx enough.
I like Tom Waits and the newer Neil Young and The Kinks....When I was at a festival where lots of underground bands were playing and everybody wore a leather jacket and had blue and green spikes at their head I felt that I found paradise, but I just have hair longer than my shoulder and don´t like leather jackets....nobody insulted me and people were all kind.
(To be fair I have to say I don´t like Korn or this ****....)
I think you might have been called a poser BECAUSE you were at a Casualties concert.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I think you might have been called a poser BECAUSE you were at a Casualties concert.

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
what the ****?
anyone who looks down at you for wearing a Black Flag t shirt needs to **** off
Quote by treefiddey
what the ****?
anyone who looks down at you for wearing a Black Flag t shirt needs to **** off

exactly what I was thinking, minus the vulgar wording
Quote by RizzoWashburn

Yeah, those aren't punks, just dorks in costumes

Seriously, you're going to the wrong kind of shows

Long hair and a Black Flag shirt > leather jacket and rainbow-flavored mohawk
I mostly listen to 80's Post Punk and New Wave. I still go to punk shows and have a good time though. One trick is to go to so many punk shows that eventually you're all jaded and stuff, then you can be like "silly kids and their mawsh pits."
Quote by lavazza
I like Tom Waits and the newer Neil Young and The Kinks....When I was at a festival where lots of underground bands were playing and everybody wore a leather jacket and had blue and green spikes at their head I felt that I found paradise, but I just have hair longer than my shoulder and don´t like leather jackets....nobody insulted me and people were all kind.
(To be fair I have to say I don´t like Korn or this ****....)

I love Tom Waits! His piano has been drinkin to much though.

but what happened to the good ol' days?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZMbHyGkIJ8

when no one cared. they just had fun.
Alot of people in the punk forum like Tom Waits. He appeals to the same sort of people as does punk.
Quote by indestructible8
you mean the homeless drunks who cant sing

Sorry....Tom Waits can sing, it needs more time and training to get such a voice than getting a voice like these pop-stars, for sure the training consists of a bottle of whiskey a day, but the pop-culture just has a distorted thinking about good voices