My band used to be just for fun but then I noticed that we werent that bad so I was trying to take it seriously by the end of 8th grade (going into highschool now) but something was always coming up with our drummer so we couldnt have band practise. That was understandable for the first three weeks but then I started to think that my drummer was just making up excuses. So ive been trying since the school year to have a band practise but we havent had ONE... and theyre not taking it seriously (although the bassist is taking it more seriously) and they barley practise. So once I get into high school there will be a lot more people that play bass and drums (or guitar) so I want to ditch them for people who are serious about music. But the bassist has a cousin who has their own recording system (thats good) and once we get our songs down (which were not because of the f*cking drummer) we can record for free give it to places and hopefully get a gig. So now you might be thinking "well just kick out the drummer" which actually works because he lives in another town and me and the bass live close to eachother and hes not going to the same highschool as us......but the bassist and drummer are going out so I cant tear them apart

what should I do, wait it out until they break up (which doesnt seem any time soon)

or ditch them for another band but lose the free recording (were also friends so that might be akward)
i would call him and ask if he just wants to hang out or something and then talk to him about it and why he is not wanting to practice....same with the bass and so on
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:
Dean ML79 w/Floyd Electric Guitar
Transparent Braziliaburst

Member #21 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
its mostly the drummer the bass wants to have band practise a lot more than him
Keep the bassist and tell the drummer to practice or if he doesn't want to play just leave.
Well, if they're going out, and the bassist wants to practice, I'm sure they can use romantic influence to lure the drummer into at least a few practices.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Ackj
Well, if they're going out, and the bassist wants to practice, I'm sure they can use romantic influence to lure the drummer into at least a few practices.