Is it rly necesary for me to spend +$550 to get an awesome guitar? right now i rly love my squier. but i want something new. not necesarily better. so i can have two totally different guitars. i have an urge to spend a lot of money on a MIM deluxe or highway One strat of tele. but i rly dont kno about spending that much $$ on something that i will never rly take advantage of. i mean i plan on playing gutiars the rest of my life, but not seriously.
so would it be wiser to spend large amounts of $$ and get something of very nice quality. or spend less, and get something that is still good, but becomes a second guitar rather than a replacement for my squier?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if you all ready have a squier, and you want something new, don't get a fender it would just be a better version of what you have now
just get a new one! i would get a new one cus it makes u wanna play more. in my case that is cus my guitar sucks ass , btw how's the behringer distortion pedal i'm planning on buying one
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by G-man05
if you all ready have a squier, and you want something new, don't get a fender it would just be a better version of what you have now

yea thats wat i was thinking, to me i already have single coils covered, so i was wondering if itd be pointless. my guitar teacher basically says "well if u get the better one, it will be a lot better and it will have a lot better sound adn resell for more." but, u kno i dont plan on having to see my guitars off, and also i am quite content with the sound i am getting so why do that? anybody have recomendations on guitars i should look at? im goin to guitar center later this week, and ill get to check out some guitars
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by lexaah
just get a new one! i would get a new one cus it makes u wanna play more. in my case that is cus my guitar sucks ass , btw how's the behringer distortion pedal i'm planning on buying one

i like it a lot, for wat it does. it gives you a wide range of distortion and overdrive for like, wat? $50? i mean, it aint the best in the world, but tis good. i got it so i can have distortion playing thru my churches sound system, works great for that
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
thnx dude i aint buying for gigs im still not that kind of material but just wanted something to mess around with and at the 25€ mark here it's effin cheap
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
thnx dude i aint buying for gigs im still not that kind of material but just wanted something to mess around with and at the 25€ mark here it's effin cheap

wow yea that is pretty awesome, and anytime! try if out b4 u buy it if u can, thats wat i did, and i was very impressed
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
wow yea that is pretty awesome, and anytime! try if out b4 u buy it if u can, thats wat i did, and i was very impressed

ye only problem is no store near me has it so i have to order it from some place in rotterdam, on the other side of the country, so i can't drive there just to test it so imma believe u and hey it doesn't cost that much so im cool
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Maybe try a different kind of guitar. Maybe a Les Paul or something, or maybe an Ibanez.
Get something with humbuckers, as you already have singles covered.
Also, maybe try swapping out the pickups for a GFS set or whatever. It'll make it sound better at a low price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
id definately try a more expensive guitar, you can tell the difference immediately in my opinion. A squire strat compared to a fender strat is a huge step, a good move as well.