Ok i basically already asked this, but got kinda ignored for the msot part.

I currently have a squier fat strat and i rly like it. and i want a new guitar. and i didnt necesarily want to upgrade. because im not planning on ever being in a serious band situation. so i thot i would be fine with jsut getting something different from my squier. i like anything except metal basically, and i basically have blues and lighter rock covered. so im looking probly for somthin with buckers, or jsut gets a unique sound. so wat should i look at? also if u disagree with my idea, wat would u do?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Dean ML 79. You'll love it.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Maybe a simple Epiphone Les Paul for that chunky sound.
Thats in contrast to your strat.
Quote by ItWillDo

I believe he said he doesnt like metal.
I would go with the epiphone les paul....... if they were more reliable
i bought mine, and it broke in 3 days

it depends how much you are willing to spend, possibly a SG of some sort, if youre looking at 500 or less, if you have 800, id go with the Gibson Les Paul Special, i have one, incredible guitar, plays great into a spider, which i noticed you have, but its a little more expensive

also, you could look at some shecters, they are good guitars
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by Ljk825
I believe he said he doesnt like metal.

an ML79 can be used for other things rather than metal....geez.
This, it's a fun little guitar just to fool around with plus it's cheap atleast that was the case for me when my brother let me borrow it... then he sold it before he went to college

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Eric 666
an ML79 can be used for other things rather than metal....geez.

I was just waiting for someone to say that......

Yes, it can be used for something other than metal. Thats not the point. The point is everytime someone posts a question regarding a new guitar, a Pantera fanboy immediately recommends a Dean. The original poster says he/she likes anything except metal. I personally hate the Dean guitars (even if I have mad respect for Dimebag). If you are wondering, yes I have played the ML plenty of times. Its just not the "look" you would go for if you dont like metal. Sorry.
Quote by ItWillDo

He said he doesn't like metal.......

I'd go with an Epiphone SG or LP if you just want a contrast in tone. Decent guitar for the price especially when not for a professional musician. Cheers bud.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
did you not read the post above you?

I dub the Sir Travis^Co a knight of the guild of idiots

which is populated by:
you
most Squier users
Fall Out Boy fans
people who liked St. Anger
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Last edited by silhouettica at Aug 6, 2007,
Quote by silhouettica

which is populated by:
you
most Squire users
Fall Out Boy fans

your talkin **** and you cant even spell squier lol...anyways check out rondomusic.net threadstarter, you might find something worth while on there..
whoops, typo

anyways, got the point across.....
back on topic, i would NOT recommend an Epiphone Les Paul
i had one, and it broke after 3 days (strap knob fell off, guitar fell off me, headstock hit a chair, then was no more.....) also, it breaks strings like a bitch
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Quote by silhouettica

which is populated by:
you
most Squire users
Fall Out Boy fans

And I dub you an elitist asshole who can't accept other people may have tastes that differ from yours. Also just so you don't come back with some mentally deficent comeback about me being a fan of fall out boy I'm not, and I've never listened to St.Anger.

edit: on topic, an epiphone may be the thing for you but I'm not entirely sure of there overall build quality
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
huh?

i was just saying not to get an epiphone....
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Quote by silhouettica
whoops, typo

anyways, got the point across.....
back on topic, i would NOT recommend an Epiphone Les Paul
i had one, and it broke after 3 days (strap knob fell off, guitar fell off me, headstock hit a chair, then was no more.....) also, it breaks strings like a bitch

I guess any guitar has the possibility of breaking if that occured. Les Pauls in general are very heavy so there is a greater possibility of strap knobs falling out. I hope you dont think this is limited to just Epiphones. I also dont know why your strings would be breaking so much. I have never had a string break on my Epi LP ever.

BTW, i really didnt understand your post about FOB and St. Anger and such. Where did that come from?
well, i managed to return the les paul, and ended up with a Gibson Les paul Special (double cutaway), and ive only had one string ever break on it, and ive been using the same type of strings (D'Adarrio). anyways, it might have just been that one guitar, but still, im happy with my new Special.

the thing about fall out boy and st anger was a joke, however, i really dont like fall out boy, and st anger was a terrible album
Acrasia

Wings Denied
how the hell did you do that? I bought a cheap one of ebay (for fun but i was kinda surprised by it) for like £80 and its lasted 2 years without much damage (only a few scratches).

lol yeah fall out boy do suck..
Your local UG Hippy
i dont know how, i got it at a guitar center, and i even saw them take it out of the box.

it just like.....broke
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Quote by silhouettica
i dont know how, i got it at a guitar center, and i even saw them take it out of the box.

it just like.....broke

It just like broke?

You just openly admitted, you let it dive to the ground.
lol yea well if i go that route id be leanign towards the SG...im not an LP fan rly....wat about some other ibanez guitars?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I have seen a lot of people comment on the Agiles. Have never played one, however people seem to like that it costs less than a regular Epi LP. I find it a bit suspect for that price but some swear by them.

Can you please provide us a price range you are looking at so we dont have to suggest every model??

Thanks.
Quote by Ljk825

Can you please provide us a price range you are looking at so we dont have to suggest every model??

Thanks.

hmm yea that would be a nice touch now wouldnt it?? well i was hoping in the below $400 range, but if its above and someone thinks its worht the extra money then yea
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by silhouettica

which is populated by:
you
most Squier users
Fall Out Boy fans

well guess what. I like squiers. I'm more comfortable playing them than i am with most other guitars. knowing what i like makes me an idiot just because they aren't the highest quality?

Quote by silhouettica

I dub myself Sir silhouettica a knight of the guild of idiots

which is populated by:
silhouettica and the merry bandwagon-humpers

fixt
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
well guess what. I like squiers. I'm more comfortable playing them than i am with most other guitars. knowing what i like makes me an idiot just because they aren't the highest quality?

yay! and thats im trying to find me essentially another squier! except that is different!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I'd say a mahogony bodied guitar will suit you well, shop used for best results.
But, maybe you'd like a nice tele to go with that strat?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Agiles are great, a al2000 would even make a great 2nd guitar..i just threw a set of pups in the 99 dollar strat copy..the thing sounds amazing for blues..rondo makes very reliable products from my 2 experiences with them
Maybe a hollowbody electric?
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
im not making fun of squiers because they aerent the best quality, im making fun of them because i have played several, and in my opinion, they sound terrible, and have annoying action.

by the way, for the 400 and less, id go with an SG if you could, not a gibson, but another brand
Acrasia

Wings Denied