So, soccer tryouts are in 2 weeks and I slacked off and didn't run this summer. Today I went out for a run and it was pathetic, after about 10 minutes I was so out of breath I couldn't run, my muscles were not fatigued at all however, I just couldn't get over my horrible cardio-respiratory shape. So basically what I am asking is if anyone knows any ways to improve my cardio shape in like 2 weeks. I know its pretty much my fault but I'd appreciate some help on this one.

Oh yeah, I have to run 'The Gauntlet', for those of you who don't know it's:

A mile in under 6 minutes
-1 minute break-
Half mile in under 2:50
-1 minute break-
Quarter mile in under 1:25

It's going to suck, help me if you can, even if it's just a little. Thanks in advance.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
just start jogging everday for like an hour in the morning at least. i dono if it works im gonna do that soon though cuase i got crappy cardio just like you man. Do things like spriniting then stopping and sprinting again like rlly fast cuz thats what soccer is about , burts of sprinting. LIke set up cones and run from the starting point, then touch the first cone then go back and touch the ground then touch the second cone then come back then touch the last one then come back and make up exercises like that. Its like training for guitar, if u need help use a metronome and run to the beat for a while, then increase the speed slowly, eventually you can like shred on the ground with ur feet
put icyhot on your balls. if that doesn't make you run for a long time i don't know what will
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
6 mins for a mile? Would that be sprinting most of the way? Do some swimming, I think thats good for cardio. I'm glad I dont have to do that much running for my footy club!
TRANSFORMICE

it sounds funny but take time to just hold your breath a lot. hold it and do something else to keep your mind off of the fact that your not breathing. Youll be holding your breath for a long time and not even know it. this helps to expand your lungs so you get more air when you inhale, which means you won't have to breath as much.
and it might sound crazy but during your breaks in the gauntlet hold your breath. it really helps to get your lungs working for ya. trust me. i do the gauntlet to and it worked for me. and i had a real ****ty cardio too! hope it helps!!
Quote by tallicafan888
6 mins for a mile? Would that be sprinting most of the way? Do some swimming, I think thats good for cardio. I'm glad I dont have to do that much running for my footy club!

10 mph isnt that fast.
One don't run. Ride a bike. It's just as hard on the lungs but easier on the legs, so you can train longer.