hey guys, im guessing this is the right forum as people actully have some guitar building experience. I have a bc rich nj beast- bolt on neck, problem is the neck sort of moves. not that much, only a few milimetres, but it makes this horrible creaking noise. I have taken the neck out to check the pocket, and one of the sides are very slightly curved inwards so it isnt a perfect fit. I have tightened the screws to no avail.
Does any one know how to fix this? Thanks

ps.i live in pakistan so theres no way i can get any warranty service or anything out here,
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
What a sad story, seriously. There's nothing worse than an instrument in distress. I would take ONE screw out, drop a few tooth picks in the hole, put the screw back in, and repeat for all three screws ONE BY ONE. Post pictures if you can. If not, find a repair shop and take it there. Let me know how things go.
Why drop tooth picks in ? Yeah I'm a noob sorry lol.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
Quote by el toro DKiAB
Why drop tooth picks in ? Yeah I'm a noob sorry lol.

I'm thinking maybe their isn't enough wood where the neck meets the body. Breaking a few toothpicks in there will add mass to the joint (I just wanted to say joint ), and make for a more secure connection.
Quote by bendystraw

him:"hey you play guitar"? *swipes without permission* "dOOd your guitars way out of tune."

me:"its in drop D idiot"

him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
You could use veneer shims to tighten the neck pocket.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
You could use veneer shims to tighten the neck pocket.

Try the toothpicks thing, then the shim, then take it to a pro. OR cut the crap and just take it to a pro. Hope I've helped.
Quote by bendystraw

him:"hey you play guitar"? *swipes without permission* "dOOd your guitars way out of tune."

me:"its in drop D idiot"

him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
Thanks for the input pineda, i forgot to mention that i already put some toothpicks in the holes to tighten the grip, and it still moves a litttle and the creak stays as well. And even sader there are absolutely NO pros in pakistan. I went to a local guitar shop and asked if they could perform set-ups, as i began to explain what a set up was, they were like ' get it from a hardware store', im like why the f*ck would i do that. 'Cuz thats where you get allen keys', me-'who asked for an allen key', them-'You said you needed to fix the truss rod and crap' me-' i said YOU needed to fix the truss rod and crap'. that is a small example of the 'pros' over here. Oh yeah and i took to this other place and he said my guitar was completely destroyed forever and i should just sell i to him really cheap because i wouldnt get anything for it now.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original