I want a 400$ guitar cuz this will be my first, and I will mostly be playiing stuff from Montley Crue, Van Halen, and the like. But I would also like it t have a decent distortion sound czu I like other things by Haste the Day, As I Lay Dying, and Disciple.

So I want:
400-450$ Guitar(if there are insanely better for 500, I'll wait) good for Hairmetal and Metal.

Need a trem, preferrably a Floyd but a nice one, not a crappy one.

Preferably with neck inlays, I really hate dots.

I like funny shapes, but this is not a must.

You need to have played it for more than 20 minutes or own/ed it before u recommend sumthing, or say who has it.

Thank You.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
look at esp's ltd line, and used stuff.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I dont exactly want used, but I'll look at some LTD's

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Before I read your limitations and such I was thinking an older RG-550 with a faded red (almost pink) color.

You might be able to pick one of those up for about $500 on ebay.

As for cool shapes and stuff, I don't really know where to look, sorry man.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ibanez S470. Nice thin neck for fast stuff, very good trem system. And sounds good too. The only weak spot is the pickups, but they're not so bad that you NEED to change them.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
what do u mean by an older RG?

ok... but what type....

Schecter

some have floyd roses

some have nice inlays

might have to pay 700 for a good one though
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
I like my Schecter Damien with a FR. I've been jamming to the Crue lately and its been sounding really good. The cleans hurt yor ears on the bridge pickup, but with the neck pickup it doesnt sound too bad.

EDIT:
Damien has bat inlays and a Licensed Floyd Rose not an official floyd rose.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
ok, but is it possible to get inlays put on a guitar instead of the ugly dots.

Well I want it to sound better with cleans than distortion, so I dont think that i will get that.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Floyd-Rose-Original-Series-DSOT2-Electric-Guitar?sku=514380

THE best value out there for someone wanting a floyd rose equipped guitar

yes, for 300 bucks you get an original floyd rose, and i've heard that the guitar has a basswood body, not sure

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/floyd_rose_discovery_series_dsot_3

video review

you can get them in speedloaders now for half that price, but only good for standard tuning really....
Dude, stop being lazy. Most guitar brands go for a certain sound, so to a guitar store, and look at the guitars in your price range. These guys are just telling you which brands to look at, as they tend to have a sound you'll like. Also used guitars/amps are sweet because it's the same guitar as a new one, only it's about 2/3 the price.
"...and I've never been very smart, but I connect you with your shadow"
from "Untitled #11" by John Frusciante
What the hell is Montley Crue?

Get a Jackson Dinky (if you're aiming for hair metal, nothing's better than a super strat) or anything pink.
Quote by CanCan
What the hell is Montley Crue?

Get a Jackson Dinky (if you're aiming for hair metal, nothing's better than a super strat) or anything pink.

its Motley Crue and if you dont know who they are and you're somewhat familiar with 80's metal....you phail to the maximum power.
Motley Crue performs Shout at the Devil, which was on GH II.
And the dinky I saw came without inlays, and I would rather have dots than that. And I like to be lazy, because... Actually, I just am not experienced enough to know what brands are good for what, and what guitars out of them are good. And any comments on a Schecter C-1 Artist?

Quote by Pinky19
Motley Crue performs Shout at the Devil, which was on GH II.
And the dinky I saw came without inlays, and I would rather have dots than that. And I like to be lazy, because... Actually, I just am not experienced enough to know what brands are good for what, and what guitars out of them are good. And any comments on a Schecter C-1 Artist?

go for the artist, no trem, but the pickups are amazingly worth it.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.