im a huge fan of all that remains. i really like their sound, and appreciate that they have amazing solos in their songs, unlike their incredibly mainstream counterpart, killswitch engage. i like alot of bands that sound like killswitch engage, but when they lack the solo i just get a little turned off. thats what i love about all that remains. unfortunately, i have not found any other bands that i like even half as much as all that remains in the metalcore genre, which i know has alot of potential and good bands in it. so if anyone could please suggest some bands that would satisfy my tastes, it would be much appreciated.
*reported*

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Please, go to the Hardcore forum, and ask in the Rec Thread there. Oh, and this might come in handy:

*reported*
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Metalcore is not a genre.

Core bands are pathetic and need to go away.

and punkbassist19, Chimaira are not a core band in the least
Quote by STABxYOU
^Hardcore's been around for 28 years, suck it up princess.

And it sucks even more now than it used to. Its a ****ty genre with ****ty no talent pricks. **** off with your ****, kid
Quote by Terror Kovenant
And it sucks even more now than it used to. Its a ****ty genre with ****ty no talent pricks. **** off with your ****, kid

Something tells me you have never listened to real hardcore
ok im puttin up the flame shields cuz all you "real metalheads" out there are probably gonna murder me but i really like all that remains too and im also a big fan of bullet for my valentine so check them out
Quote by Terror Kovenant

You're an idiot and don't go elitist on me because I just got done listening to an hour and a half of Thrash, I was listening to Death and Black before that and I ****ing love All That Remains and a ****load of hardcore bands...get some variety you ****face...

You can check out In This Moment, they have some cool solos and an amzing vocalist. The Agony Scene doesn't have solos but they have a pretty thrashy sound and Throwdown is also thrashy....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Aug 7, 2007,
ok, if your gonna swear...figure out a way around the censor. and to the threadstarter...comon man. Look what you've caused. Oh well...anyways, if you hardcore fans think your music is really good(im not saying it isn't), send him some stuff, that in your opinion is good. Let him be the judge of it. If he doesn't think it's good, oh well. Big Deal. His opinion is his opinion. He's not hurting anyone, it's not like he's dissing you personally..unless you yourself are the genre of hardcore. So, quit fighting.
Some people call Shadows Fall metalcore, (I'd call them thrash w/ some metalcore songs) but at least they used to be metal They're much more talented than ATR IMO as far as vocals, drums, guitars & bass go.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I can not believe how serious people take categorizing music around here. Jesus Christ metal is metal. If your that worried about categorizing music your obvioulsy missing the point of the music. I can understand Metal and Rap and Rock but come on....."Oh you said All That Remains in a metal for you so ghey, thats a hardcore band." If your gonna be that anal about categorizing music atleast put it in the proper category. All That Remains would be far from real "hardcore" music.
Quote by BladeSlinger
You're an idiot and don't go elitist on me because I just got done listening to an hour and a half of Thrash, I was listening to Death and Black before that and I ****ing love All That Remains and a ****load of hardcore bands...get some variety you ****face...

You can check out In This Moment, they have some cool solos and an amzing vocalist. The Agony Scene doesn't have solos but they have a pretty thrashy sound and Throwdown is also thrashy....

Variety my ass....