Um, there's that book American Hardcore, but that's probably more specific than you want.
Oh Shit!
Punks can't read.

On a more serious note, its better to read biographies of individual figureheads of the punk movement since there isn't really one single, well known authoritarian book on the subject.
can you recommend any?
my library has no books on punk.
one was called Punk's War. And it was about some kid in the Navy. His name was Punk.
the other book is Punk RawK daD.

do i actually have to go out and buy Please Kill Me Now?
Last edited by FlyingFuc!< at Aug 6, 2007,
The only remotely punk book I've read was Stinky Turner's (from Cockney Rejects) autobiography, which was a good read.
If your to lazy to read there's some punk documentary's on youtube.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blackflag49
Please Kill Me by Legs McNeil

Hell yes.
That's my favorite book.
DOWN&OUT
Aren't you the guy that was here a while ago posting about Fall Out Boy?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
i would look for a biography by any artist you like on amazon or just search punk on amazon you should be able to find some good books
what punk books could i probably find in my school library?
the closest ones i know of are 1984. and then a johnny cash book.
There's a book called, "Our band could be your Life." It's a great read, not ALL about punk, but it is a lot of hardcore and then indie bands. Recommended.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by bucky_2300
Fury's Hour, American Hardcore (A Tribal History), I - Sh*thead, etc.

"Fury's Hour" and "I, ****head" were both really good books, but they focused on Canadian punk a lot more. That's good for me because I'm interested in canadian punk, but not everyone is. I heard of a book called "I was punk before you were punk" and it looked good. I find most of the stuff in mainstream bookstores on the subject to be total crap but you might be able to find something.
And, it's not really a book on punk, but 1984 is generally assosiated with punk and it's a really, really good book.
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
Ghandhi was the greatest shredder ever.

Quote by Siftings
Ian Mackaye confuses a shot of heroin with his insulin, and hilarity ensues.
"Man Enough To Be A Woman" by Jayne County is a great account of the early 77 bands and people, as well as the glam movement prior to punk.

Not recommended reading for those with homophobia or other mental disorders.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
so i cant read it because im bipolar?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I recently read one of Henry Rollins' books, "Black Coffee Blues". Didnt like it. Too much of his depressing mind thinking and theorys, not enough mentioning black flag...
Quote by misfitsdisciple
so i cant read it because im bipolar?

What a silly question.
Everyone knows bipolar people can't read.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
yeah your right, im not bipolar! :-P
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
i just got Please Kill Me and i think its a pretty good book. i like the way its written.
Punk Rock: An Oral History by John Robb is good cos it has interviews with loads of people from punk bands in.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
^Haha. Oral
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Pick It Up123
there is a book by Ben Weasel but i dont know what its called.

Like Hell.
Please Kill is really good, because it gives you interviews with different people from different bands of the time.
John Jughead (Screeching Weasel) has an interesting book called Weasels in a Box. It's semi-autobiographical, and told in the 2nd person, which makes for a cool read.
brnh.bandcamp.com
You guys have already listed everything I put down.

I personally wanna find a copy of "I, ****head" but it's never anywhere and I hate ordering stuff.

I liked American Hardcore because it actually talked about MDC and the Dicks and the other Texas bands that always get overlooked.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by XxFIENDxX
Anybody know of any good Joe Strummer bios?

Redemption Song is good.
As for Clash books, Johnny Green's 'Night and Day with the Clash' has some great bits and 'Passion is a fashion' is good.
And lol @ Rizzo finding the word 'oral' so amusing.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by blackflag49
Please Kill Me by Legs McNeil

I loved this book.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by GreenDayChris
Redemption Song is good.
As for Clash books, Johnny Green's 'Night and Day with the Clash' has some great bits and 'Passion is a fashion' is good.
And lol @ Rizzo finding the word 'oral' so amusing.

Seconded
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!