Poll: Generalizations and stereotypes are logical standards to help with making decisions
Poll Options
View poll results: Generalizations and stereotypes are logical standards to help with making decisions
I agree
12 18%
I disagree
9 14%
I think it depends on the situation
42 64%
I'm not sure
3 5%
Voters: 66.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Generalizations and stereotypes are logical standards to help with making decisions

I'm sort of debating this to myself.
Generalizations and stereotypes are logical standards to help with making decisions

No because your judging something before you know what it is based on something or someone completely different
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Situational, I guess.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
That's a generalization, you know.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
I totally agree. Sterotypes and Generalizations, represent a logical outcome, because they stem from a repeated result. So therefore if it's a sterotype, it's becasue it's happened alot, and becasue of that you can make a decision.
Quote by Captain Insano
I totally agree. Sterotypes and Generalizations, represent a logical outcome, because they stem from a repeated result. So therefore if it's a sterotype, it's becasue it's happened alot, and becasue of that you can make a decision.

But that leads to preunderstandings and presuppositions that are most likely false.
I don't agree with the use of the word "logical' when referring to generalizations.
Situational. Some people/situations meet stereotypes, some don't. You'll have to decide then.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I agree with everything said.

VERDICT: Situational
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Of course, stereotypes are never always true, as you can never put a group of individuals in a box.

But on the other hand, there tends to be a reason for them, or they wouldn't exist, would they? But that's usually if they individual chooses to identify themselves as PART of the stereotype.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!