hey, i am interested in replacing my bridge pickup for an active but i dont wana have to replace the neck one, is it possible to have 1 active and 1 passive pickup? i never really use my neck pickup except on rare occasions anyway, but i dont wana just take it out all together.
What guitar? How many volume and tone controls?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Alright. You'll need to replace the bridge volume with a 25k pot. Frankly, I'm not sure what to do with the tone control. You could just wire it for the neck pickup so you'll always have an in-your-face tone at the bridge.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
and as for wiring up the pickup id just wire it the same as the passive right?
Well, you would need to replace the 3 way selector switch with a 2-way, so that teh two pickups won't be on the same circuit at any one time (which could damage them, if I remember correctly)

Or you could just get a DiMarzio D-Activator for the Bridge position, which is as good as an active pickup with all the advantages of a passive design
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
lol seems easyer if i just replace both pikcups with actives, how would i go about doing that?
Quote by CyberK007
btw all for one and none for all Shinozoku!

Always nice to see a fellow Hate Crewman

Also, yeah, just replace both pickups with D-Activators. You'll get better cleans and better overall tone. Or gut the guitar in terms of electronics, and replace them with the ones that come with the EMGs (or Seymour Duncans if that's what you choose). Then just find a place in the electronics cavity (if there's room) for the battery compartment.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

what i was thinkin i could do was replace em with EMG 81 and 85 (or do the D-activators give better tone?) and then do those come with electronics? And ya i have room for a 9v. thanks btw
Right now i have a washburn guitar in the shop, getting installed an EMG 60 active in the neck and a Seymour duncan JB in the bridge. Hope it'll work out :P
The D-Activators will give you more tone from the wood of the guitar, and they won't compress the sound as much, so you can pick softly, and you will hear it from the amp as soft. Then when you pick harder, you'll hear it as being picked harder. EMGs don't let as much of the dynamics through. Also, you get phenominal cleans with the D-Activators. My friend Cory said they were better than his Strat's cleans after trying out the Ibanez Xiphos at a local shop.

Stupid name.