They play okay

And sound alright

Not worth huge price.

And NOT in the slightest what I'd keep as my only bass. They get *that* sound. But be warned, I've heard lots of horror stories of dudes with lightwave basses having the lightwave system die on them on the gig.
haha
interesting
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
hmm, i didnt really like the sound of them at all
there wasnt alot of low end and it was so...........calm,
not punchy enough for my taste but thats just my opinion

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I've seen them in Bass Guitar magazine and thought they sounded like a cool idea but the concept is too new, I'd wait a couple of years and let them fine tune it before i shell out that much money to buy it
From those sound clips, you'd only want to play that bass on a jazz gig. It simply won't cut through the mix of a guitar or a drum kit with a kick.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
From those sound clips, you'd only want to play that bass on a jazz gig. It simply won't cut through the mix of a guitar or a drum kit with a kick.

I was thinking the same. There's no punch or growl to the tone at all, therefore, I don't like it.
thats a weird idea. i wonder how it sounds...when i clicked the link...i didnt hear anything,,,,, o well. ill stick with my bass though
I agree with previous thoughts, they do sound too jazzy to be used effectively in different situations. And they're ugly.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

And NOT in the slightest what I'd keep as my only bass. They get *that* sound. But be warned, I've heard lots of horror stories of dudes with lightwave basses having the lightwave system die on them on the gig.

surley that's their fault for not being well prepared enough, after all they should know that anything at a gig that can go wrong, will go wrong- therefore they should charge up any rechargables before they do a gig.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I know of them. But why fix what's not broke? I mean, even single coild don't produce much noise, just a tiny bit in the background which is easily eliminated by a decent noise gate (or so I am lead to believe).

Humbuckers with good shielding have such a tiny amount of hum theamp has to be quite loud before you hear it, if you're trying to find hum.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
^ they were saying that the magnetisim of the pickups affects the vibration of the strings
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Dinkydaisy
And they're ugly.

+1

its a nice idea
but they look horrible
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by eddiehimself
^ they were saying that the magnetisim of the pickups affects the vibration of the strings

Yes, very slightly (unless your pups are right under the strings) ans the strings are effected by the magnetic field of the magnets. However, they say it was a problem for sustain, and I don't buy that.

I mean, I played a Fender Jazz (MIM no less) which would give more than enough sustain. It would sustain 2, 4 beat bars easily on a slow tempo. Add in a baddass bridge, or even string through body and that could go up by a lot more, and a compressor to even it out. You don't need that much sustain.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I dunno, they have have an interesting pop to them. They reminded me a lot of the Victor Wooten sound actually. The fretted at least. They sounded alright but I don't think it's anything unachievable by a regular bass.
Quote by gm jack
Yes, very slightly (unless your pups are right under the strings) ans the strings are effected by the magnetic field of the magnets. However, they say it was a problem for sustain, and I don't buy that.

I mean, I played a Fender Jazz (MIM no less) which would give more than enough sustain. It would sustain 2, 4 beat bars easily on a slow tempo. Add in a baddass bridge, or even string through body and that could go up by a lot more, and a compressor to even it out. You don't need that much sustain.

yes and also it seems a bit pointless to then give it a bolt-on neck construction.
EH