What's so great about floyd rose tremolos? I'm not trying to flame, this is an honest question.
Just wondering why everyone wants one.

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
They want to make their life miserable by posting sooo many questions that the answer they already knew or had already been written in the manuals or in the internet if they can just use the frickin search button for once and dont make threads that ask the same question over and over again thus making it sooo painful for everyone to answer and yeah i realize this is pointless coz the threads-alike will just come pouring down everyday....

[/rant]

Real answer? they just wanna look cool.....
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If they are set up right you can jump up and down on them and they still stay in tune.
They also (clearly) let you make wicked cool sounds like harmonic squeals with massive bends and huge dive bombs and flutters and cool stuff like that.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Lol yea you gotta love the harmonic squeal.

Regardless the tremolo, on a floyd rose, the strings are easier to bend cuz the bridge moves while you bend. Be sure to get one with at least 2 springs, 3 would be the best - easiest to tune, but much much harder than a fixed bridge.

but say if you were on stage, you broke a string, any string, the other strings will be out of tune. >.<
peanuts and beers
I dont want one. I had an Ibanez with locking tremelo and absolutely hated it.
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10
You can dive, squeal, pull up, and you'll never go out of tune.
But then it takes a flippin pit crew to change strings.
This is the reason why.

It's because when you play guitar, some of us want to FEEL it, and CONTROL the sound as much as possible, to get into playing the music even more than through bending or pinch harmonics. Having that bar there is like feeling the sound, controlling the pitch, and making playing even more in depth.

Yeah that's about it.
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Pantera
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Helloween
It does suck to change the strings but for me it is worth it. I haven't broken a string in years but I wouldn't gig without a backup.
because they're awesome. if you like that type of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Infatuation
Lol yea you gotta love the harmonic squeal.

Regardless the tremolo, on a floyd rose, the strings are easier to bend cuz the bridge moves while you bend. Be sure to get one with at least 2 springs, 3 would be the best - easiest to tune, but much much harder than a fixed bridge.

but say if you were on stage, you broke a string, any string, the other strings will be out of tune. >.<

how does a floyd rose with only one spring work? please explain.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

they are brilliant, the effects you can do with them are impossible to replicate on a guitar without one so despite some of the "its to look good" people they are brilliant for offering you some more options, the locking nut keeps even old strings in tune ,,,,

having said that though they have disadvantages, they are a pain to set up, when they wear out they become a serious problem if you dont do anything about it and you have to be careful when palm muting to avoid pressing the bridge into the body thus ****ing your pitch
Quote by Leftyguitar51
What's so great about floyd rose tremolos? I'm not trying to flame, this is an honest question.
Just wondering why everyone wants one.

I don't want one. Why would I want one? They're a pain in the butt. If I wanted a tremelo system it would be a Bigsby Vibrato and I would get a set of Schaller locking tuners, but I prefer hardtail.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey