i am trying to make my synched trem able to go up(like a floyd rose)

i have the trem and screws out and all that stuff out of it.

i heard that if you knock out a chunk in the back and in the front of the guitar where the trem is, it will be able to move more, and thus do dive bombs and rverse dive bombs.

has anyone else done this?

if so wut do i need to take out
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
loosen the 6 screws and take out a spring. or loosen that claw in the back that the springs attach to. im not really sure these are just some educated guesses
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I had the same Idea as you. So I tried it. It doesnt work well at all so I wouldn't do it.
There's a thread on this floating around somewhere. Maybe you should ask Searchy McBar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
It's possible, but the thing I learned about fulcrum trems is that the only thing they hate more than dive bombs and you staying in tune during them is you ripping up on the bar. I had my trem adjusted so that it floated at an angle, so I could grab it and get another 2-3 semitones. Worked fine, except that it returned to 1/2 step lower than when I started. Return to pitch was next to zero for me. Maybe you'd have better luck, but a true floating trem is really what you need.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
basicly to make it go back ( half step MAX ) lossen the 6 screws, then loosen the claw bracket (that holds the springs) then screw it back in, sorted. you will beable to go back.

trust i was amused when i did this on a encore lol
My Gear
  • Ibanez RG 350 DX ( White )
    Seymour Duncan - Jb Model (Old)
    DiMarzio YJM DP217
    DiMarzio Evolution

• Laney Linebacker L50
  • Ibanez ThrashMetal
  • V-amp Effect Board
  • Roland MicroCube
.. Or You Get an Ibanez Rg lol or any guitar with a floyd rose / floating bridge
My Gear
  • Ibanez RG 350 DX ( White )
    Seymour Duncan - Jb Model (Old)
    DiMarzio YJM DP217
    DiMarzio Evolution

• Laney Linebacker L50
  • Ibanez ThrashMetal
  • V-amp Effect Board
  • Roland MicroCube