Page 1 of 4
They are amazing. I saw them last night(yes at warped I was only there because I got invited and they were the only good band). Well they put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen. They bring back good old two-tone and also have fun upbeat songs. Who else thinks they are great?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
You should have seen Five Star Affair at warped. They're good and I think they were playing NJ.
I dont know if I'm going to go to Warped. The only bands that I like that will be there are Bad Religion and The Unseen.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by sargasm
You should have seen Five Star Affair at warped. They're good and I think they were playing NJ.

I couldn't my stupid friend was dragging me to bad metalcore bands. I ended up missing Bad Religion, Lower Class Brats, and Five Star Affair because of that.
Quote by sargasm
Friends are ditchable. Especially for Five Star Affair.

I shoud've ditched him, but he was my ride home and I had no phone.
a "real" punk would walk home or hitch a ride in order to see the bands they like

im just kidding. but you really should have ditched him. metalcore makes me wanna stab a pumpkin. you missed lower class brats...thats -10 punk points.
Holy **** Big D was awesome at Warped. I was at the one in Cleveland and there was a ridiculous storm, so their set ended up overlapping with Bad Religion's... but it was worth it.
Quote by Pick It Up123
a "real" punk would walk home or hitch a ride in order to see the bands they like

im just kidding. but you really should have ditched him. metalcore makes me wanna stab a pumpkin. you missed lower class brats...thats -10 punk points.

I know I'm dissapointed in myself for missing those bands. The stupid hardcore dancing was the most unbearable thing ever.
I REALLY want to see Big D live; definitely up there high on my priorities list.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
Quote by DeadCops
I REALLY want to see Big D live; definitely up there high on my priorities list.

I've seen them 3 times

2 times were at warped though
Quote by StreetLight3989
I couldn't my stupid friend was dragging me to bad metalcore bands. I ended up missing Bad Religion, Lower Class Brats, and Five Star Affair because of that.

I would never sit through metalcore while Bad Religion was playing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by sargasm
I've seen them 3 times

2 times were at warped though

Lucky bastard.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
Quote by Pick It Up123

Nah, Lower Class Brats really aren't very good. The real crime is that he missed Bad Religion.
zomg i've seen Big D so many times I've lost count.
I loves me some Big D.
They're way fun live. And they are fun to dance to.

p.s. clubs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> warped tour.
big d is ****in sick, i saw them in South Carolina last year in a room of about 50 people for the summer of ska tour i think. i got to talk to them at the table and stuff afterwards. sick stuff
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by Pick It Up123
yeah true. although, both bands are legends.

No, Bad Religion is a really good, innovative, unique band. Lower Class Brats is tired, derivative crap.
I love Big D. I just downloaded Strictly Rude and How It Goes ( I would've bought them, but I don't have any money).

Are there supposed to be a bunch of spoken things at the end of the songs of How It Goes, or are those advertisements?
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Quote by xhandgunxheart
I love Big D. I just downloaded Strictly Rude and How It Goes ( I would've bought them, but I don't have any money).

Are there supposed to be a bunch of spoken things at the end of the songs of How It Goes, or are those advertisements?

if someone comes on with a Bill Clinton voice talking about freemusicdownloads.com ... then no.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by waterproofpie
if someone comes on with a Bill Clinton voice talking about freemusicdownloads.com ... then no.

I ****ING HATE THAT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>*-(

(angry p0nx)
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
*-) this is angry punx (punx are always angry)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by hardrock1315
No, Bad Religion is a really good, innovative, unique band. Lower Class Brats is tired, derivative crap.

Wow. I'm sorry for being an antagonistic asshole.

Anyway, Big D is awesome, especially the new album, and especially live. One of the few really really good 3rd wave bands.
Well I made this thread along time ago when I first saw their shortened set at warped. Now I get to see a whole set in December! I know my name is Streetlight but Big D are becoming the only 3rd wave band I still listen to.
I saw them at the docks in toronto. they were pretty great. I love the brass
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I ****ING HATE THAT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>*-(

(angry p0nx)

Me too! >*-(
Luckily I can buy CD's now instead of dealing with LimeWire. I know jobs aren't very p0nx, but being able to buy music r00ls. *-)
That's why ponx pirates shouldn't use limewire. It's like the bottom of the barrel when it comes to piracy.
Quote by xkeyboardxmoshx
Suckaz need to use dat slsk and google blog search.

yes, soulseek is like the greatest thing invented (or made).

on a side note, i now have 7077 songs on my 'pod. TR00 PONX!?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by neidnarb11890
Me too! >*-(
Luckily I can buy CD's now instead of dealing with LimeWire. I know jobs aren't very p0nx, but being able to buy music r00ls. *-)

Be careful not to end up like me. I've spent every penny I've earned over the last 2 years on CD's and am now broke.

I do however own well over 130 CDs
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Be careful not to end up like me. I've spent every penny I've earned over the last 2 years on CD's and am now broke.

I do however own well over 130 CDs

Actually, I'm suprised that I haven't blown more money on CDs. Ihaven't bought any in a couple of weeks.
Big D is tight. They came to a non popular venue in Houston, Texas two weeks ago, and I caught the show. They were amazing.
Yeah, I saw them in Lewisville (EDIT: Texas) with Whole Wheat Bread and the AKAs a few weeks ago. Good show, but the venue sucked real hard. I'm definitely gonna try to catch Big D next time they're in town! As long as they play a venue that doesn't lick balls.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Yeah, I've seen them twice and met them. They're really down-to-earth guys, Sean started talking to my dad about skydiving and me and David started talking about the Living End. I'm hoping to catch them December 12. Second best live band I've seen.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
They're coming to my town on December 13, but I already have tickets for Straylight Run and The Color Fred that night, so I can't go. :[
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
i don't see anythign special in them. and for the last time they aren't "bringing back" 2-tone, if you pay attention, you'd noticed the slackers have been doing better music their entire career.

also, i'm bitter, because every genre i like gets tainted by bands bringing their poseur fans along into it, and ruin the fun and spirit of everythign i love.

happened to metalcore, believe it or not, there is one good metalcore band out there, yes.

happened to punk, happened to indie, happened to folk, happened to REAL country and western.

and now its happening to ska. greatgreatgreat.

wow, i'm in a terrible mood, i'm generally not this pissy. by pissy i mean speaking my mind in a highly opinionated manner.

*sigh* f*ck big D, basically.
Who said they're bringing back 2-tone? They're one of the poppiest third-wave bands I've ever heard. The only thing 2-tone about them is their cover of "Little Bitch," and that's pushing it.

Quit being pissy!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by original=punk
i don't see anythign special in them. and for the last time they aren't "bringing back" 2-tone, if you pay attention, you'd noticed the slackers have been doing better music their entire career.

also, i'm bitter, because every genre i like gets tainted by bands bringing their poseur fans along into it, and ruin the fun and spirit of everythign i love.

happened to metalcore, believe it or not, there is one good metalcore band out there, yes.

happened to punk, happened to indie, happened to folk, happened to REAL country and western.

and now its happening to ska. greatgreatgreat.

wow, i'm in a terrible mood, i'm generally not this pissy. by pissy i mean speaking my mind in a highly opinionated manner.

*sigh* f*ck big D, basically.

the slackers always struck me as more of a traditional ska band than a two tone band.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Page 1 of 4