Ok. thefitz talked me into looking for a different 4x10 to get with my rig but i dont know what to get. He said something about hartke but i couldn't find anything at 4 ohms with enough wattage. so please suggest some good 4x10s.

The Rules:
1. Must be 4 Ohms!
2. It's going to be getting 400 watts so make sure i've got plenty of headroom( I was looking for about 800 watts)
3. Please tell me why you like that 4x10... Sure you like the brand..but have you actually played on that particular 4x10 or at least one made by that company that is similiar?
4. Please don't just give me a brand name unless it's a real oddball(do not just say ampeg or ashdown or hartke or peavey etc.)
5. Any other information you give me is well appreciated

PS: I am on a bit of a budget so do what you can about price.... but don't rule out a great cab just cuz of price....unless it's outrageous.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
idk if it follows your rules, but the ampeg 410 is great
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

I personally love the Eden D410XST or XLT.

I'm really big on punchy cabs and having LOTS and LOTSSSSSSSS of growl, and these two models of cabinets stood out especially. The XLT has 700W RMS, and the XST has 1000, which will give you PLENTY of headroom.

Other than that, GK 4x10s come in a close second. Especially the Neo series. They are a little less expensive than the Edens, but maintain most of the midrange growl that makes them stand out.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
which one they have multiples......different models and such....specifics.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
no no ampeg is fine i just don't want people to say "Ampegs are nice" and then not give details or anything.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
I really think you don't need more headroom on this cab. If your cab is at least 400W RMS, that's just fine. A cab that's 400W RMS is 800W peak, meaning it can handle 800W of power, but just for short intervals. The head will push out 400W into the channel, and unless it's cranked and you're going at it with a drill, you won't really surpass the 400W rating. Even if you do, it'll be temporary, and that's what the 800W peak threshold is for.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTK4200

That cab should do, no problems.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i've heard before that hartke's power ratings are peak and not rms.... is that a lie then?

also that thing is mega-heavy! i've gotta carry this thing and the 18" up and down stairs in a barn every saturday....but it makes the list of possiblities ...especially because of the price.

EDIT to not double post: You think that with this rig i'll be heard over 1 guitarist with 2 25watt tube heads(marshall) and 2 4x12 cabinets and another guitarist with 100watt solid state but through our 600 watt practice pa and a drummer?

1200 watt bi-amp head.( will be getting 400 on the low and 400 on the high)
http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=BX1200&CID=BA

18" 800watt handeling.(for low of course)
http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=BR118&CID=BA

4x10 400 watt handeling.(for high of course)
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=32&brandID=3
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Last edited by Revelation at Aug 7, 2007,
i recomend the ampeg BXT410HL4 because it sounds amazeing! the horn is crossed over at a higher frequincy so you will get less of the annoying harsh tweeter sound. and the bass is very focused and the notes are very clear. if yo uare pairing a 4x10 with an 18 you will want youre 410 very clear sounding and this is the most clear one have experienced (compeates with the 410HE but you dont want 8ohm.)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I fully reccomend that carvin rig. I was about to suggest the same thing.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.