hi guys well, i need help to choose mid and a neck position pickup for an HSS strat.

i have already decided on the bridge, a paf pro, i will play primarily rock,alternative,indie,punk rock and a lot of modern rock ont his pickup. all of these genres on the "softer" side, nothing very heavy (new suggestions are welcome too)

for the neck pickup i would like to be able to achieve a nice fat bluesy tone, like the one john mayer has.

for the middle i would like something brighter then the neck that provides the sought after strat twang.

both neck and bridge positions will mostly be played clean, but they will have a little od every once in a while

the amp i will primarily be running through will be a 30 watt valvetronix, though i will sometimes have to play through a cube 60 i leave at a band members house.soon plan to be upgrading to a v16 palomino

these pickups will be be going on an mim strat with a maple fingerboard.

thanks in advance.

-mrchow.
Last edited by mrchow at Aug 7, 2007,
I think a Dimarzio Breed or Norton would be a better bet than the Paf Pro to be honest...you could maybe go for a couple of Blue Velvets for neck and middle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks, ill go take a look.

i have a question, for the humbuckers from cimarzio i get a regular and an "f" spaced option, what are the differences? and why dont single coils have this option? sorry for the noob question.
how would an HS-3 be for my neck and an area 58 for my mid?

again on my neck im looking for a john mayerish tone and on my mid im looking for a brighter "stratty" tone.
Yup, they ought to do the job nicely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by mrchow
thanks, ill go take a look.

i have a question, for the humbuckers from cimarzio i get a regular and an "f" spaced option, what are the differences? and why dont single coils have this option? sorry for the noob question.

F-spaced is for most tremolo equipped guitars. It's just to compensate for the string spacing differences at the bridge.

Single coils are usually already "F-spaced" I think.