I'm American, and I don't drink anything "ice cold". I drink most everything, including beer, at room temp. Does anyone else do this? I have heard they drink warm beer in Europe, but have yet to observe it. I've only been to France though. I really don't understand how people can freak out about a beverage being warm.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
We don't drink warm lager in Europe no. See, we Brits have more than one kind of beer, lager and ale. Lager, like your beers, is drank chilled. Ale and bitter is drunk at a warmer temperature but they aren't the same as lager.

Room temp lager? Gross.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Warm beer isn't good. Cool (like 55 degrees Fahrenheit) is okay.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i dont even care if my beers cold anymore, it all tastes good to me. i've heard in places in europe they like it warm. i would like it cold, but but if its not, i dont get all up in a tizzy
Yea, unless it's like warm warm I don't really care... Hell, I keep a 12 pack right on the floor of my room and drink as needed
I prefer cold.

But if i find one under my pillow I'll still drink it.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I guess I also like the ease of reaching down to get another bottle rather than getting up and going to the fridge. I don't drink beer very often. I was raised on wine; my father being a full blooded Spaniard wino didn't help. That was always room temperature.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I've never wanted to be drunk bad enough to drink warm beer. It disgusts me.
It definately depends on the beer.

Pretty much every lager style beer is made to be consumed cold. By cold I mean not ice cold, anything below 4 degrees celcius and your taste buds can barely register a thing...unless that's your intention. Idealy, you should be drinking lager at around 4-10 degrees, mainly due to the fact they are fermented at cool temperatures. Chilled, but not to the point where you get brain freezes.

Ales on the otherhand are totally different matter. You stardard macro brewed ale, specifically pale ales and wheat beers, you may as well drink them at the same temp as a lager, 4-12 degrees. Then something like a Real Ale straight from the cask is generally around the 10-14 degree mark, about the same temp thats good to drink most quality ales. Then of course, you have your strong ales, like your big stouts and barley wines, you may as well drink them at as is, like a red wine.
Having said that, I wouldn't actively go out and try any beer thats been left out on a warm day.
Quote by ChordMonger
i dont care about temperature, but i do care about the brand. i make a point not to drink most american beers, as stuff like coors essentially tastes like unfiltered water from a sewage treatment plant.

viva la guinness

I can't stand American beers. They have something in them I think I'm allergic to. I drink only imports. Coors is half-beer though, every American knows that much. When I buy beer I just pick some random import and see what its like.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
I really don't understand how people can freak out about a beverage being warm.

well if you are paying for it, you should receive it the way you want it. I like most of my beers ice cold. As a bartender, i have had customers ask for me to pour their beer in a hot glass and let it sit for a bit as well.

It is all a matter of personal taste.

UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by i have to pee
I can't stand American beers. They have something in them I think I'm allergic to. I drink only imports. Coors is half-beer though, every American knows that much. When I buy beer I just pick some random import and see what its like.

Ever tried a good American beer though? You'll be suprised how good they make them. Of course they're generally a bit harder to come by.
Quote by NGD1313
I've never wanted to be drunk bad enough to drink warm beer. It disgusts me.

I don't drink beer to get drunk. Getting inebriated is merely a side effect of enjoying a few beverages with friends or while playing guitar.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
^^ they mostly come from micro-brews. But there are plenty of mainstream american beers out there that taste just fine.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Jebusss... Who really cares!? Just pout the drunk juice in the stomach!
Quote by i have to pee
I don't drink beer to get drunk. Getting inebriated is merely a side effect of enjoying a few beverages with friends or while playing guitar.

Exactly, so I'd like a cold beer. I'd only drink warm beer if I really wanted to get drunk, I certainly wouldn't do it for the taste.
I don't really mind if it's a bit warm, but I find anything over room temperature to be very disgusting.
I've never wanted a beer so bad in my life til now.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by commonfoot
Pbr!

that just reminds me of Blue Velvet.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I can't stand warm beer, first because I live in a hot place and its really disgusting drinking warm beer in a hot day/night, I mean I've done that but is not the best idea and second because it seems all beers in Mexico are meant to be cold.
As an ale man I always like my beverages a couple of degrees lower than room temperature (around 15 degrees is the best I've found.) If you go any colder you lose every bit of taste the ale once had, if you go any warmer you generally lose all the "feel" of the beer and it tastes like your drinking soapy water.

Very few pubs locally understand this though, the last few pints I had at my local were chilled (nowhere near 15 degrees, probably closer to 7 or so) and as a result I had to wait for my beer to warm up a bit before I drank it... Not fun!

Oh and if you want my reccommendations for good beers:

-Hobgoblin
-Bombardier (every variety, I've yet to try a bad one)
-London Pride (if it's on cask, from a bottle it's not that nice)
-Old Peculiar
-Landlord Strong
-Black Sheep
-XXXB

I'm not really a fan of the european beers or the american beers tbh, and don't think I'm just basing that on drinking a bottle of Grolsh and a bottle of Budweiser; I've tried some of the smaller brewers stuff but have never got on with them.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
It depends on what you mean by beer, do you mean lager or ale?

Lager warm = Foul
ale warm = how its meant to be drank

Personally im not much of a fan of ale fullstop, but lager I am. Lager warm is not too nice, its much better cold/chilled (around 5 degrees or so) At this temp its cold enough to drink real smooth, but not too cold so that it takes all the taste away.

Saying that though, I have drank room temp beer before because it was the only available beer.
I have to drink lager or cider chilled or over ice, but ale is generally drunk at warmer temperatures.
Love is not a victory march.
I cant think of anything worse than a warm pint, each to there own I guess
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by i have to pee

I only really drink to get drunk lol. I prefer stuff like juice etc. to drink regularly - its healthier and tastes nicer. And i don't like pretty much all beers. Ill drink some lager when im drunk but usually im either on spirits or cider...
Quote by i have to pee

Its probably because they are quite weak.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by i have to pee

I like Coors =[

I can't drink beer unless its cold, warm is just gross.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by Rebourne
Jebusss... Who really cares!? Just pout the drunk juice in the stomach!

can you say alcoholism?

yeah, **** it. why not just skip the beer and go straight for the white spirit.

some people enjoy a drink, as opposed to the people who enjoy getting drunk.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Warm beer *shudders*

Aside from water, I don't like any drinks at room temperature, so I can't understand that.
warm beer is bleh, but then i drink cider and cocktails mostly so what do i know, infact if i can today i'm having a long island iced tea mmmm
Quote by Rankles
Room temp lager? Gross.

it makes me cringe to just think about it
When its hot it tastes crappy, but a cold beer makes me happy. Nuff said.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard