Just wondering what people thought about my plan for updating my gear. Check my sig to see which things I've already got. I'd welcome ideas for alternatives, except for the stuff I already own of course . Here goes -

Guitars
Epiphone Dot (w/ bareknuckle pup's)
Fender MIA Tele

Amp
Laney VC-15 (w/ JJ tubes and Eminence Lil Buddy speaker)

Effects
Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah
Boss CS-3 Compressor (modded)
Ibanez CS-9 Chorus (vintage)
BBE Free Fuzz or EHX Big Muff Pi
Boss DS-1 Distortion (modded)
Boss DD-3 Delay (modded) or Ibanez AD-9 Delay (vintage)
Ernie Ball 6165 Volume
Ibanez PQ-9 Equalizer (vintage)
unless you use fx a lot, that's a lot of money to be spending on fx. Of course, i'm not much an fx guy, so probably best take what i say about them with a pinch of salt...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
unless you use fx a lot, that's a lot of money to be spending on fx. Of course, i'm not much an fx guy, so probably best take what i say about them with a pinch of salt...

Yeah, Thats alot of Effects, But I Like you rig, Its pretty sweet, Better than mine
Quote by SugarRush66
Basically, I'm addicted to pedals, so they will make up a big part of my outlay.

that's fine then, good luck!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Basically indie rock - Bloc Party, Strokes, Weezer etc.

I alreay have a MIM Strat, the one I mentioned were just going to be my main guitars. I'm pretty much decided on them, so I'm actually mostly looking for input on the effects.

But, I would like some help about new pickups for my Strat. At the moment I don't really want to know about make, just type (single, hum, P-90 etc.) My Dot has two low output hum's, both coil tapped, and my Tele, when I get it, will have two singles.

So, I was just wondering what pup type would be bst for my Strat, to offer good versatility.
i'm no use with pedals, or those music genres...

what do you want to know about pickups? best bet is to try a bunch. If you want specific recommendations, post again and i'll see what i can do.

Generally, if you don't play anything too heavy, i'd stick with SSS in the strat. There's no harm in putting a humbucker in there if you need heavier tones, but from the sounds of it, you don't...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was just thinking that, since my Tele will have two singles, then maybe my Strat should be a little different. I liked the idea of a P-90 in the bridge, bt then again I could just buy a LP Junior as well

Or do Strat's have a different enough sound from Tele's to make it worth keeping singles in both?

Cheers
^ yeah, strat singles sound different to tele ones.

it's up to you, really. best bet is to try everything you can with all the different styles of pickups...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd get a better delay than the DD3 to be honest. Indie stuff uses a lot of delay and the bosses sound very digital.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yeah, I was thinking that about the DD-3. It's just that some of my favourite delay sounds are very obviously digital, and also I was considering buying a modded one (with a hi-cut switch to simulate analog delays).

But if you really think the Boss isn't up to much, I've also put an analogue Ibanez on the list, which I think I could get from eBay for about £50 if I'm lucky.