Anyone even heard of them =]?

They are like my favourite band but not that famous, so i like it when people know them.
Fave Bands -

=REUBEN=
System of a Down
Primus
Nine Lives For Skydives
Bullet For My Valentine
Yeah, I've heard of them. I really don't like them though. Each to their own though.
Reuben = Win basically, definately one of my favourite bands, love just about every song.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Anyone going to any of the shows on the April tour?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Anyone going to any of the shows on the April tour?

oooh oooh me me, twice, in one week, yes i am sad
Quote by slayaplaya

Wish I was seeing them in Manc tonight, I really do.

I've loved Reuben from day one of them releasing Racecar is Racecar Backwards, and this is the first headlining gig of theirs that I'll have missed.
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

Good to see this thread rear its head again Saw them in Glasgow on Thursday night and they were absolutely terrific. Long live Reuben.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Probably get more of a response in Alt&Indie.

Really top band, seen them once or twice but not for a little while now. The new album was a welcome return to form after a fairly middle of the road effort.
zomg seeing them tonight!!!!!!!!!
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by Buz O)))
Wish I was seeing them in Manc tonight, I really do.

I've loved Reuben from day one of them releasing Racecar is Racecar Backwards, and this is the first headlining gig of theirs that I'll have missed.

I really didn't know that.

But yeah, wow I'm glad I found this thread. I adore Reuben, the only band I've seen live more than once [until later this month but shhh].

I met them 3 years ago when I didn't realise who they were, I guess I'm lucky.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
saw them on monday and last night, omg they were incredible, got to the barrier and right in the middle at both gigs, epic win
Quote by slayaplaya

Just got Racecar. It's absolutley amazing!! Jamie has a great voice, and I can't really pigeon hole them into a genre
epic lose news

Quote by Barney (the bands manager)

I regret to announce that Reuben are unable to play their slot on the 2000 Trees Festival in July, but they would still urge people to go anyway - it should be a great weekend. They are very sorry to disappoint fans who have already bought tickets, as you can imagine Reuben hate cancelling shows. The band are all in good health but the culmination of several pressures just makes it impossible for Jamie to go ahead with it.

The band are not planning any more gigs or releases for the foreseeable future - I should make it clear that the band members are all on amicable terms and are supportive of the need to call a halt.

This seems like a good time to thank everyone who has helped and encouraged Reuben along the way; some of you have been there from the start, others from last week, some are within the music industry, others are simply fans - it doesn't matter which, you are all important and have given great strength to all concerned.

Thank you so much,

Barney
Geronimo! Management

Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by flambe chicken
RIP Reuben.

Guess I should buy the rest of their stuff now.

yeah you should fool, i blame you
Quote by slayaplaya

This is possibly the worst thing to happen to anyone, ever. I'm so upset. Posted this on the Reuben forum:

I heard from a friend by text yesterday, and I'm still gutted. I know it's the end, and I'm not holding out any false hope of the guys returning within the next year, 2 years or whatever.

You could see the decline of the band, and I can honestly I was not surprised when I heard the news. A bit stunned obviously, incredibly sad, but it makes sense. I remember after the April show in Glasgow, sitting with my friends worrying that a split was imminent. I'll never forget what Jamie said that night: "Thanks guys, for the last [whatever the gig length], I haven't completely hated being a part of Reuben". From then on, it seemed that the band was destined to die. It's with a heavy heart that I realise they're gone, but I can look back and remember all the good times I've had because of the band, and for that I am truly grateful to the guys, and everyone involved with them.

Racecar on vinyl's getting pumped out the speakers tonight, that's for sure.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
I'll never forget what Jamie said that night: "Thanks guys, for the last [whatever the gig length], I haven't completely hated being a part of Reuben".

that surprises me. i'm not really a massive fan, but i went to see them at the london leg of the same tour, and he seemed to be having fun. i always figured that they all loved each other and the music.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
that surprises me. i'm not really a massive fan, but i went to see them at the london leg of the same tour, and he seemed to be having fun. i always figured that they all loved each other and the music.

He was uncomfortable. Forgot the lyrics to Shambles a wee bit, berated Guy and got angry at the audience for crowdsurfing. For all the good Jamie did for Reuben (and it was a hell of a lot), he certainly had a detrimental role to play too, with his constant nay-saying and striving for impossible perfection.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
He was uncomfortable. Forgot the lyrics to Shambles a wee bit, berated Guy and got angry at the audience for crowdsurfing. For all the good Jamie did for Reuben (and it was a hell of a lot), he certainly had a detrimental role to play too, with his constant nay-saying and striving for impossible perfection.

that's funny, he was exactly the same at Norwich, in fact he pretty much forced guy into a competition with him and got upset when guy won, and there was also constant moaning about him setting up his drumkit
The most recent interview i heard (done just before norwich) it was only really jon and guy doing the talking, the only things Jamie said were just kinda harsh to guy or just the shortest answers he could give, i think it all must have got to him, which is a shame, but understandable.
However when i saw them in Camden less then a week later (with my homeslice Flambe, Holla), there was a much less tense feel about it, they seemed to be enjoying it more, maybe because a stressful tour was over but i dunno.

The whole thing makes me very sad
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by leaping badger
that's funny, he was exactly the same at Norwich, in fact he pretty much forced guy into a competition with him and got upset when guy won, and there was also constant moaning about him setting up his drumkit
The most recent interview i heard (done just before norwich) it was only really jon and guy doing the talking, the only things Jamie said were just kinda harsh to guy or just the shortest answers he could give, i think it all must have got to him, which is a shame, but understandable.
However when i saw them in Camden less then a week later (with my homeslice Flambe, Holla), there was a much less tense feel about it, they seemed to be enjoying it more, maybe because a stressful tour was over but i dunno.

The whole thing makes me very sad

I love to sit down with a big Reuben fan like yourself and discuss all the conspiracy theories that I have in my head

There were quite a lot of clues I suppose. The first one is the skull face on the last EP, kind of symbolizes death in a way (though this might be a bit of a stretch). Then there was the April tour: playing a new song called 'The Last Time'? Too coincidental for me. Then there was the playing of Blitzkreig and the one off Print is Dead, and a different set in Cardiff (possibly so they could play all the songs one last time?). Then cancelling the outdoor show, complaining of the weather, and the funny myspace happenings (the baby voices crap).

It all adds up really.

EDIT: In a way I feel quite angry actually. We fans were treated like crap over the last couple of months, and the wool was pulled over our eyes a bit. I think I just miss the good times so much.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
I love to sit down with a big Reuben fan like yourself and discuss all the conspiracy theories that I have in my head

There were quite a lot of clues I suppose. The first one is the skull face on the last EP, kind of symbolizes death in a way (though this might be a bit of a stretch). Then there was the April tour: playing a new song called 'The Last Time'? Too coincidental for me. Then there was the playing of Blitzkreig and the one off Print is Dead, and a different set in Cardiff (possibly so they could play all the songs one last time?). Then cancelling the outdoor show, complaining of the weather, and the funny myspace happenings (the baby voices crap).

It all adds up really.

EDIT: In a way I feel quite angry actually. We fans were treated like crap over the last couple of months, and the wool was pulled over our eyes a bit. I think I just miss the good times so much.

Yeah same , yeah i think you're looking into a bit much with the skull, but the other points i definately agree with, still not sure what the baby voices were all about. I'm dissapointed the band haven't spoken up themselves about the issue, would be nice for some clarification.

I still can't believe they're not together anymore, 10 years of solid work from them has led to no sucess which is criminal really listening to the radio earlier today.
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by leaping badger

I still can't believe they're not together anymore, 10 years of solid work from them has led to no sucess which is criminal really listening to the radio earlier today.

I wouldn't say they've had absolutely zero success. They have a reasonable underground following across the UK. But I'm surprised that with bands like Rise Against and such getting famous, they've been left in the dark.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Hideous Records was part of the downfall I think. Reuben could have benefited from a label's experience and know-how, and the lack of promotion Hideous did meant the band would never get any better than they were once the inception.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
Hideous Records was part of the downfall I think. Reuben could have benefited from a label's experience and know-how, and the lack of promotion Hideous did meant the band would never get any better than they were once the inception.

I agree, although xtra mile wasn't that much better. Plus it took up a hell of a lot more of there time then it would have if someone else dealt with it all, which would have just added to the pressures they were under
Quote by slayaplaya

I still think setting their own label up was a good move. Commerically, maybe not. But from an artistic point of view, the last album was the most dynamic and challenging thing they ever put out.

I have to say I was surprised, although I hadn't seen them live for a while and had kind of not paid attention. But every time I've seen them or met them or read interviews they've always seemed so casual and like they couldn't be happier.
If Reuben had gotmore press they could have been huge. Their sound is perfectly accesible I think, its just a shame that they never really broke
they were alot like biffy clyro before puzzle. in nothing we trust could well have been there breakthrough album but i suppose luck has alot to do with making it today.

also they all had full time jobs and they never made any money from the band all the money made from it went straight back into the band so i guess it must have been stressfull cos it must have been like having two full time jobs.
reuben splitting is a crime !! they could have made it big if they'd signed to a bigger label..... but then they wouldn't have been so underground..... ****
Bumping this. In Nothing We Trust is alot heavier than their debut imo
I'm bumping this. I've been having a Reuben-y weekend. They are so brilliant..
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy