hey, ive been playing for about a year..

ive been able to learn some metallica, pantera and iron maiden...but now im kinda not really into playing them that much, so im looking for something thats good to play thats along there lines.

Id rather not detune my guitar if i could get away with it, but i dont mind.

so yea any suggestions? thanks
Quote by ninjacrow
hey, ive been playing for about a year..

ive been able to learn some metallica, pantera and iron maiden...but now im kinda not really into playing them that much, so im looking for something thats good to play thats along there lines.

Id rather not detune my guitar if i could get away with it, but i dont mind.

so yea any suggestions? thanks

Try learning something which isn't metal.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Try learning something which isn't metal.

How is something not metal along the lines of Metallica, Maiden and Pantera?
I advise learn some Megadeth. like Devils' Island. It's like Metallica, only better,
lol yea i forgot bout that.....ive learn various other things like hey there deliah, parts of stairway, superstar and that, but none of those have captured my attention like the first song i learn (nothing else matters) so thats why i wanted to ask, just to see if theres something out there that will be able to capture my interest like that did, and thanks for the other post
Quote by MightyAl
How is something not metal along the lines of Metallica, Maiden and Pantera?
I advise learn some Megadeth. like Devils' Island. It's like Metallica, only better,

Nah, i was just saying try and play more than one style of music.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Nah, i was just saying try and play more than one style of music.

Yea, but he asked for something like what he was already playing.
Maybe he should learn to do a barrel roll, since that's always a good problem solver.
Maybe learn something like Nothing Else Matters then.... learn some more finger picked stuff! Has a cool solo aswell =]
i have learnt nothing else matters, that was the first song that i learnt lol
judas priest or thin lizzy. they're not metal, but have some great harmonies that are always fun to play
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by MightyAl
Yea, but he asked for something like what he was already playing.
Maybe he should learn to do a barrel roll, since that's always a good problem solver.

Fine, well in that case he should learn Bring The Noise - Public Enemy & Anthrax
yea lol i learnt jailbreak, i liked the rhythm part of it, it was something different from what i was learning lol, and yea suggestions other than metal would be great as well, just to get more of a bigger kinda of knowledge of the music (like funk, thrash, metal, folk, etc) cause ive only been playing for a short time i just need to play different things so that i can construct my own riffs better
stuff by megadeth, lamb of god (its in drop d but i think u can live with that), slayer maybe?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
lol yea, i learnt the end of heartache by killswitch, it was just annoying having to tune up and down, i dont mind it but its just a hastle when im feeling lazy, and yea slayer sounds good
Instead of learning Thrash metal, learn a different subgenre. Go forth and learn The Possession, Omens and Welcome Home by King Diamond.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
ive learnt the art of shredding, cowboys from hell, nothing else matters, master of puppets, and justice for all, fear of the dark and planet caravan
Sweet child of mine if you are trying to head away from the heavy metal direction
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab