im still confused after reading the sticky...
so basically tubes get more distorted the louder they go??
so how do i practice in my bedroom???
how do i get cleans??
as you can see im a noob...

thanks if you dont lose your patience
the clean channel will break up with high volume(thats the beauty of tubes), this is hardly even an overdrive so dont worry you can get cleans!!
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Depends on the amps of course, it's the same boat as solid states. Some are made for lighter rock some are made for metal.

Most amps will have a gain knob just like a regular SS, there are exceptions, Vox AC30, Epi VJ etc. etc.
sorry if im annoing people
but has anyone got some good recommendations for metal and maybe decent cleans (not needed but prefered)
or guide me in the direction of some good companys...
thanks alot
price range? genre?

Quote by FireItUp714
price range? genre?

he plays metal
B.C. Rich Warlock Guitar
EMG 81 and 85 Pickups
Peavey 5150 Head
Marshall JCM 900 Cab
Wylde Overdrive Pedal
Vox Valvetronix You can crank the volume all the way then control the volume with a wattage knob on the back to retain the tube sound.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
He said he wanted a practice amp. It's the only amp I know that has a wattage knob.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
there aren't many metal amps for cheap. the most metal you could go on a budget would be a used peavey 5150 combo. that would be like ~$600USD.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I would say the peavey windsor for distortion if you don't mind the cleans. It's pretty cheap.

If you have the cash, ENGL or Mesa.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
metal + cleans sounds like engl to me. if they're too dear, a randall rg50 tc might be worth a look.

as said, a master volume should let you get distortion at low volumes, turning up the volume should get you even more distortion. to get cleans at the volume you want, you need to buy an amp with enough headroom for cleans...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for a practice amp and a metal sound I would prob recommend at 15-30 watt tube amp, with a distortion pedal...

I really wanna get a JCM or a Mesa Boogie in the future, but I dont have the money, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial