theres this guy i jam with occasionally and hes an excellent drummer but he thinks he can play guitar. and now every one at school thinks hes better than me because he played stairway to heaven intro in music class when i was away. so my plan is just to bring my acoustic and show the people that drummers should stick to drums and guitarists should be overlords over everyone else...
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Cool.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

do it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Do what you have planned and once you're finish in the spirit of rock and roll break the guitar on his head
Hi
You shouldnt be bothered about what other people think. Like you said, if you are better than him, people are going to recognise it sooner or later. There is no point bringing your guitar and make him look like a fool.

But yes. Guitarists > Drummers

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

It's a great idea. If people didn't know beforehand how insecure you are about your guitar playing they will after that.
Show them how low your self-esteem is, go on.
cos it really matters what a class of 14 yr old immature kids think about how you can play guitar

EDIT: you're one of them?. oh well in that case play necrophagist..or rub icy hot on it...whatever you fancy
Quote by DanRev
Who hates it when egotistical guitarists think they are awesome?

I was just about to say that this guy's got an ego the size of my nuts.
dude i have the thing but i taught the guy!
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
yes!!! course it does. everyone wants to be best at somthing, and when someone hogs all the limelight, its not nice.

do a gig at school and invite everyone and do some really big song with a big solo that everyone knows

then weel see whos boss!!! you god damn dummers!!!!

Quote by *Juno*
cos it really matters what a class of 14 yr old immature kids think about how you can play guitar

EDIT: you're one of them?. oh well in that case play necrophagist..or rub icy hot on it...whatever you fancy
Don't bother. It was like that in 3rd form with me, when someone else from my class started to play guitar and could play <gasp> a ****e song consisting entirely of power chords, and i could only play 'boring' Hendrix songs. Long story short, everyone thought they were great, I was ****, now no one gives a flying ****.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
like stairway to heaven!
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
Quote by Burning Star 4
and now every one at school thinks hes better than me because he played stairway to heaven intro in music class when i was away.

Wow... just wow... I don't even know where to begin with that. They must think you blow harder than an evening out with lindsay lohan.

edit: why do they think that anyway...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Aug 7, 2007,
playing guitar isn't something what you do for others it's what do you do for yourself.

if that kind of an ass plays that then nevermind him, he will be forgetten soon.
鋼の錬金術師
Guitarists overlords of everyone else? Nice.
Maybe you should consider being more humble. Hell, I play guitar, but you need drums just as much as you need guitar in a band.
Besides, we get more limelight than anyone else. Think of how bassists feel. They're always drowned out by our riffs.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by *Juno*

ya know what i got two things to say.

1. if your in high school yo actually do care what others think about you.

2. what is icy hot? i see it all over UG and i don't think we have it in australia
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by MightyAl
It's a great idea. If people didn't know beforehand how insecure you are about your guitar playing they will after that.
Show them how low your self-esteem is, go on.

+123490-23142=-34801023985903847529837450293842570398457023948572034
Maybe he is better than you considering he is playing 2 instruments, drums being a difficult instrument to play, so if he is a good drummer and if he is learning how to play guitar, then yes he is a better musician than you, deal with it you insecure prick.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by Burning Star 4
ya know what i got two things to say.

1. if your in high school yo actually do care what others think about you.

2. what is icy hot? i see it all over UG and i don't think we have it in australia

que?
Why do you care what others think? You really think that even if you play better than him anyone would see it? And even if they see do you think that they will say: "Wow, you rule! We love you! We will be your slaves for eternity!"?
They would rather think: "If he's soo pissed off that means that [drummer] IS better!"

And what if you screw something up?

Lay on it, man... But if you really want to show people who's better ask him for a guitar jam session in front of the school audience.

good luck!
¡ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sı sıɥʇ
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Guitarists overlords of everyone else? Nice.
Maybe you should consider being more humble. Hell, I play guitar, but you need drums just as much as you need guitar in a band.
Besides, we get more limelight than anyone else. Think of how bassists feel. They're always drowned out by our riffs.

It's all lies -covers eyes and ears-
Quote by Burning Star 4
theres this guy i jam with occasionally and hes an excellent drummer but he thinks he can play guitar. and now every one at school thinks hes better than me because he played stairway to heaven intro in music class when i was away. so my plan is just to bring my acoustic and show the people that drummers should stick to drums and guitarists should be overlords over everyone else...

Maybe he is better than you? Can you play the drums, AND guitar also?

I was beat.

Quote by High_Frequency
Maybe he is better than you considering he is playing 2 instruments, drums being a difficult instrument to play, so if he is a good drummer and if he is learning how to play guitar, then yes he is a better musician than you, deal with it you insecure prick.
Haha. I'm a drummer in music class, and the guy who plays guitar wasn't there, but he left his SG at school, so I started playing Freebird and everyone thought I was better then him, even though I am.

Just cause someone plays drums, doesn't mean that's all they do. I've only been drumming for like 2 years, but I've been playing guitar for 6-7 years. I also play bass, and the keyboard.