hi, im looking to play a 5-string, upgrading from a 4 sting. im fairly low on money and found this bass for really low price.

http://www.rondomusic.net/product832.html

anyone have any experiences with these that might wanna give me some info?

thank you

PS: amp is not an issue, i have a decent one.
it looks alrite to me, i used to have a simlar bass, and it was pretty good for the money.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
The B string might sound awful with the 34" scale though. That and I would try a 5 string of not that 5 string before upgrading to a 5 string. Thats from personal experience.

Oh and it does look pretty good BTW, exept for the gold hardware... I hate gold hardware...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
oh yea, cuz thers less clarity. well, that wont rly bug me, i guess. im just looking for a cheap, good quality 5-string bass, that wil last. and that bass seems to fit. thanks for the post tho.
there's also less sustain with the b on a 34" bass but it has active electronics, that usually helps with that. well i decided i really liked 5 string basses on a bass similar to that so i don't think it should cloud your jugement too much on 5ers in general.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I like the gold hardware
If I ever win the lottery, I will make a restaurant and call it "Thank you for calling, how may I help you" so when someone calls, I can say "Thank you for calling thank you for calling how may I help you how may I help you"
- Daniel Tosh
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Why don't you save up a little and buy a bass that isn't just another beginner bass? You'll just want to upgrade again in a year.

Agreed. It may just be my GAS, but I already wanna replace my OLP.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I wouldn't get it, in my 3 years of playing, I have never hear of douglas, and that 5-string has to be cheap for a reason.

Only 8.5lbs as the weight of the bass? Either the wood its made of is very light, or its hollow and they put as little electronics as possible to still produce some sort of sound.

I personally wouldn't buy it, I would go with a company more well known like Dean or Rogue(cheapest brands I can think of).
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^My bass is 9 lbs. It's a Fender Jazz 24 so it's good quality and active.

Is that Jazz 24 a four string by any chance? if it is, 4 strings are usually lighter than 5 strings, seeing that in 5 strings, you have to have some additional electronics to support the extra low end.

My 5 string weighs a good 12.5 lbs

My 4 string weights 7 lbs.

If it is a five string, I stand corrected as far as fenders go.
Last edited by Dümönd at Aug 7, 2007,