Hey guys, recently ive been looking at difficult bass solos/riffs. I recently learned anethesia (pulling teeth) and YYZ. I then proccedded to try to learn maxwell murder. Ive been playing bass now for a year and a half and to be completely honest im aload of **** on bass however, i must say i think maxwell murder is highly over rated. I sat next to the computer with my bass for 20 - 30 mins learning the solo and ive finally nailed it. Im pretty chuffed with myself. Any1 have any opinions on the song or wat i should learn next?

Btw guys, i know wat ur all gonna say "bollucks u learned maxwell murder, prove it" and thats wat id also like help with, could anyone help me start recording and tell me wat to do and get, like im an idiot please, just so i cn prove it?

Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Learn Axiom by Rancid. The solo is a lot better.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
ty m8
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
good job on yyz and ya maxwell murder is over rated. next song you should learn is 2112, that'll give you a challenge to memorize over 20 minutes of rush
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Tool's good for odd time signatures, so is rush though. Any Jaco Pastorius (particularly chromatic fantasy or Portrait of tracy) the lemon song by led zeppelin's good.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
honnestly i think u should learn some of the who its not super challenging but its realyy fun to play.
A fun song to jam along with it "The Art Of Shredding" by Pantera. Also by them, "Cowboys From Hell." Heck, any Pantera song. Rex is an animal
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Santeria by Sublime is a pretty good song. It took me a little bit to learn it, but its not that hard. I just printed off the power tab.
the answer is no.