Well, infact it's actually a kitten. My sister finally persuaded my parants to get one. I wanted a pet (mainly a dog), but now i'm not sure if I want one running about everywhere. They migh scratch my guitars . What's so good about cats, anyway? What should I know about before we get one.
Don't let it out...Don't scare it....Don't pull its tail or tread on its tail. Be careful and be calm around it because it will be nervous when it first gets to your place. Make it feel loved. Cats like attention. Let it get your scent before touching it otherwise you will get scratched. Thats all I can think of for now.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
OMgz....it will be caturday !!

Now really, try not to pull her tail.

Have you already got a name ?

PS: I had to edit this post coz some moron who is sitting next to me at school pressed a button.
Looking for a new sig!
Kitty dohnt hurd keetar.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by samerika
OMgz....it will be caturday !!

Now really, try not to pull her tail.

Have you already got a name ?

PS: I had to edit this post coz some moron who is sitting next to me at school pressed a button.

You're at school? And a random Newb, pressed a random button?
i dun leik catz...and for awhile, i would keep ur guitar in its case when not in use...especially if its not declawed
light its body on fire and use the tail to swing it through a window.

that was done to a house last month I think, it was so funny to hear on the news.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
When we first got my cat, I was unaware that it was in the house because I was out when my parents got it. So I as I stepped in through the front door there was this black animal staring at me from the hallway and it startled me lol. Anyways, as has been said, don't go up to it, let it get used to you. After I got in and discovered we had a cat I just basicly ignored it and got on the old comp to play some WW2OL, and after a bit I felt it sniffing at my hand and then it proceeded to jump on my computer desk and check it out lol.

Just don't terrorize your cat in any way. I know its hard to resist, but if you do then you're cat will be quick to learn to be suspicious around you. If you are just mean to it it will turn into one of those cats that hide around the house that you never see, and I totally hate cats like that.
We're only strays.
Quote by metalisbest
light its body on fire and use the tail to swing it through a window.

that was done to a house last month I think, it was so funny to hear on the news.

Thats not really funny
There are some cruel mother****ers in here.

Personally, I love cats. I wouldn't worry about them scratching your guitar...they prefer things they can sink their claws in like fabrics.

Just respect your cat...they are very sensitive creatures and are easily alarmed and freaked out....but also easily satisfied. Feed them, pet them, and allow them to cuddle with you and they are pretty content, and as a result they'll make you pretty happy as well. Also they are pretty fun to play with if you have a toy.

Tell me these faces aren't irresistible:
Get a dog.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
My cat has never done anything to my guitar, besides sleeping on the case. Just be friendly to em.
brnh.bandcamp.com
cats are not gonna scratch your guitars. They will get hairs everywhere though
Puddicats only scrath rough surfaces. I'd let my cat sleep on my Gibson explorer without a problem, if I had an explorer anyways.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Get a short hair cat. Less shed.

And try to get a girl. When guy cats get into the 'teenage' stage, they tend to be assholes.

Cats are low maintenance, unlike dogs.
Just get a really good cat box so it's real easy to change it.

And don't become like my family. Everyone started with one cat, and eventually got more. My aunt and uncle both have at least 7 cats. Luckily, we stopped at 3.
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Get a short hair cat. Less shed.

And try to get a girl. When guy cats get into the 'teenage' stage, they tend to be assholes.

You realize when a girl cat gets her "teenage" stage they are just as bad if not worse. The key is to make sure they get fixed.
cats are more laid back. Ive got two. One of em hides when she dosent know somone, very timid but she will never hurt you. The other is a bit more confident, she sits on my amp when i play , i think she likes the vibrations...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by gurusan
You realize when a girl cat gets her "teenage" stage they are just as bad if not worse. The key is to make sure they get fixed.

Like I said, I have three cats, two of them female. They were far more tolerable during the teenage stage than the male was. I was ready to shoot the bastard.
Spiral Out
Cat guitar relicing FTW.

I like cats, but ive got a dog. Im getting cat when i move out of my parents house. Gonna call it 'Mr Chuckles'
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

id love to be able to get a cat of my own, but damn ****ing apartment rules says no pets .
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Cats are awesome, and don't worry, as long as it doesn't totally hate you it won't scratch your guitars. Mine stratches the side of my amp from time to time but only because it's furry
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Do you think the cat will let you make a rape on it?
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Cats are actually really cute/loving animals. My cat, Pounce, is totally precious. They don't scratch/bite/attack/hump guitars. If I don't cut the long ends off of my guitar strings he will play with them .. thats all .
I have two. Ignore people who say they use people and crap, they're very protective and loving if you treat them right. One of mine thought I was her mother when she was a kitten, and followed me everywhere. Now she's around six years old, and still will happily follow me out into the garden and sit down with me. She likes to lick me ears too, for some reason =/

Just make sure you get it spayed or neutered. And don't yell at it or hit it as a punishment, it'll cause it to not trust you. Either spray them with water when it does something it shouldn't, like scratch a chair, or tell it not to in a stern voice. They understand.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.