I thought about putting this in the bands and artists section but i figured that along the topic of Christianity it should go here instead.

So maybe i was the last to hear about this, but i just now heard that Alice cooper is a Christian. Most of this info mainly came from my mom and she says alot of crap but does anyone know whether this is true or not?

I mean to me he surely doesn't fit the christian description but i guess anythings possible...
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
I think it may be true but I can't remember where I heard it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I've heard his dad is a minister
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I've heard his dad is a preacher

ya but from what it looks like he pretty much rebelled against his dad...

Thats just what i see atleast
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Although he doesn't like to boast in his religion, Cooper has confirmed in interviews that he is in fact a born again Christian. He has avoided "celebrity Christianity," because "it's really easy to focus on Alice Cooper and not on Christ. I'm a rock singer. I'm nothing more than that. I'm not a philosopher. I consider myself low on the totem pole of knowledgeable Christians. So, don't look for answers from me."[
We never grasp self-realization, we are two abysses; A well staring at the sky.........
Why would that surprise anyone? I mean, his music is for 3-6th graders. Therefore a "kid-musician".
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Although he doesn't like to boast in his religion, Cooper has confirmed in interviews that he is in fact a born again Christian. He has avoided "celebrity Christianity," because "it's really easy to focus on Alice Cooper and not on Christ. I'm a rock singer. I'm nothing more than that. I'm not a philosopher. I consider myself low on the totem pole of knowledgeable Christians. So, don't look for answers from me."[

haha thats pretty cool
Quote by iantheman
Vincent Furnier may be a Christian, but Alice Cooper isn't a real person.
/end nitpicking
I've seen him in non-music related things and he's really down to Earth and normal- he has a grill restaurant somewhere in the Midwest, for God's sake. I'm not surprised, and I doubt he's very eccentric about it, like I'm sure he doesn't think AIDS is God's revenge on gays
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by MightyAl
Vincent Furnier may be a Christian, but Alice Cooper isn't a real person.
/end nitpicking

He got his name legally changed so Vincent Furnier doesn't exist anymore...
Quote by iantheman
Yeah he is. He is a born again Christian.
from wikipedia- Although he doesn't like to boast in his religion, Cooper has confirmed in interviews that he is in fact a born again Christian.
Quote by PTfan
javascript:launchPlayer('10231274', '1', '17-May-2007', '&topicName=People___Places&subtopicName=Interviews&prgCode=FA&hubId=-1&thingId=10231271&ssid=&tableModifier=', 'RM,WM');
that interview explains it all

nice

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
Yeah I had heard both that he's a born-again Christian and an avid golfer.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
You do know that looking him up in Wikipedia takes less effort than starting a thread on it, right?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
You do know that looking him up in Wikipedia takes less effort than starting a thread on it, right?

This is a good point.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
yes, but there are so many people that are Christian by culture (like believe in God and Jesus) but nothing more. Is Alice Cooper a Christian? More than likely. Is he a devout Christian? Hard to say. It's always hard to tell with rock stars that have a scary outward persona, and a more conservative inner persona.
listen to the whole interview i posted, it talks about the whole christian thing and his dad being a minister
Quote by rockergurl09
yes, but there are so many people that are Christian by culture (like believe in God and Jesus) but nothing more. Is Alice Cooper a Christian? More than likely. Is he a devout Christian? Hard to say. It's always hard to tell with rock stars that have a scary outward persona, and a more conservative inner persona.

Well, "born-again" usually means that the person has accepted it as their own personal faith, not just a Christmas-and-Easter cultural Christian, and as far as I know, Alice Cooper is "born-again"
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
Quote by doctor_rocker
Well, "born-again" usually means that the person has accepted it as their own personal faith, not just a Christmas-and-Easter cultural Christian, and as far as I know, Alice Cooper is "born-again"

Yeah, born-again implies devout Evangelical or Baptist, etc, not a casual Catholic or other denominations.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
if you listened to the interview i posted, he tells how he isn't born again, but was a Christian his whole life.
my friend's recording studio teacher is good friends with Alice Cooper. He comes to Kentucky to play golf a lot. I'm not surprised by this
Quote by PTSBThackray
Marilyn Manson is a Christian. **** up?

wait i know, that marilyn manson can't be a christian... not even by anyones books.
Quote by iantheman
"It's obvious humanity is craving for answers directly born of awareness....That's the healthiest thing I've seen in a long time because there is something better and everybody's gotta find it in their own way. People aren't feeling fulfilled by how many cars they own or the size of their stock portfolio.Even the addicts are saying, 'It doesn't matter how many drugs I take, I'm not fulfilled. This isn't satisfying.' There's a spiritual hunger going on. Everybody feels it. If you don't feel it now, you will. Trust me. You will... Drinking beer is easy. Trashing your hotel room is easy. But being a Christian, that's a tough call. That's rebellion." -Alice Cooper

I can't remember where I found this quote, but i think that sums up his attitudes about it...seems cool to me
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge