yadda yadda yadda this thread rules.

So I forgot how ****ing great Andrew McMahon is until I saw this video;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8BHnp0ltBaw

So I guess the point of this thread is for me to find out if JM is doing another album.

slash discuss a purty good band.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
I prefer Something Corporate, Jacks Mannequin is decent
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm not sure who I prefer

I heard they are writing new stuff..but theres no fixed date on new stuff :/
In my opinion, Andrew is as good as it gets. Can''t wait for the new stuff, whenever it is.
I don't think I've heard any SoCo stuff but the one song I've heard from Jack's Mannequin is pretty good.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
From what I know, JM is not doing another album just yet. Since it's Andy's solo work, he only works on this band when SoCo is on break, and since they never broke up and, I hear, are thinking of getting back to recording/writing, JM shud be going on a break now.

Love both bands, although SoCo's first album is way better than JM's first.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Jack's Mannequin = 1 million x SoCo

SoCo doesn't do it for me, it's good but... I don't know, it just doesn't have the same... "it" as Jack's Mannequin. Jack's Mannequin seems more REAL, more authentic, that's the only way I can describe it.

I've said it before, but after listening to JM's album, i couldn't write or listen to music for a month because it was all crap in comparison.

Can't wait for new stuff
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I love Jack's Mannequin to death... but I heard Something Corporate first, and I exploded with happiness when they had a surprise reunion set at Bamboozle Left. "Hurricane" was mindblowing.

...But I've been listening to all my Jack's Mannequin nonstop for the past month...

Ah, whatever. Andrew makes me happy.
Quote by shamu1001
From what I know, JM is not doing another album just yet.

Love both bands, although SoCo's first album is way better than JM's first.

I think they are now though ;]

What something corporate album are you talking about? the old first album...or leaving through a window?

I think JM is a much more mature version of Something Corporate but at the same time, even though AM is in both bands, they can't be compared!
I've heard dark blue and I can play it on piano, but that's about it. :/
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
According to Wiki the new album is set for March of 08. And according to a blog by Andrew (also on the front page of their website) he's refering to it as "The Glass Passenger" for now. A little extra confirmation is that it's on the list of AP magazines Most Anticipated Albums of 2008.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Dec 19, 2007,
Firstly, those are my favourite JEW lyrics EVER!

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! March... hmmmm... I can wait that long I believe...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Sooooo...

I just bought Everything in Transit. Oh. My. God. It's awesome! I absolutely adore it! Kind of a pointless post, yeah, but, dang. I had to say it to somebody.
thats awesome!! i didnt even know Jacks Mannequin where going to release a new album - i thought it was just a one off thing!!

have to say though i think JM is marginally better just because i think JM's music just makes you happy, even though some of the lyrics are kinda depressing...

both bands are like my top two fav bands ever!!!

Andrew McMahon cant do anything wrong in my book!!