I'm a 17 year old guitarist living south of Saginaw, north of flint, michigan. Influences are among Blues, Classic Rock, and Thrash/Folk/Melo-Death/Power/Groove/Stoner/Doom metal genres. Looking to play an experimental style - not limiting to the mainstream instruments or styles - if there's a sax or trumpet player out their with interest in playing a hybrid of the best of the old and the best of the new, their entirely welcome. Can commute a sensible distance.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Also willing to play a variety of musical styles... can beat on drums/play bass as well.
Quote by Timothy Leary

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
my band is looking for a drummer, and possibly a bass because our bass is lazy and is thinking of buying a trapmaline instead of a bass, but we already have guitars (one of them being me).
are band is in Holt, south of Lansing. pm me if ur interested and if u are then i will give u more info
thanks
Quote by mybandsuks_15
my band is looking for a drummer, and possibly a bass because our bass is lazy and is thinking of buying a trapmaline instead of a bass, but we already have guitars (one of them being me).
are band is in Holt, south of Lansing. pm me if ur interested and if u are then i will give u more info
thanks

Haha well i'd jam with you, but my bass equipment and drums are pretty substandard, just something to jam on. Holt is a good hour or more away lol, but maybe sometime I could swing over and see whats all up. I could lay down some beats if you have a set laying around, and maybe pop over with a bass and practice amp (all teh money went into guitars lol, so just a meager 15-watt for bass amp).
Quote by Timothy Leary

thats okay, we had a meeting and all agreed to wait till January until we offically got together for practicing and stuff like that.
hey i play the trumpet, 1st chair, i also play bass and rhythm guitar in the devons. im from lapeer
\m/(0.0)\m/
Lapeer is a looong drive lol, but maybe we could find someone else on here that is inbetween, like in the flint area?

And you guys arn't playing till january? are you working on material right now? (oh and agreeing to wait till later to have periodic sessions is alright, but your still going to a jam everyonce in awhile b4 then right?
Quote by Timothy Leary

My band needs a new drummer.
We practice in Fenton and already have a set,
but we play punk.
Quote by Americanhoser

And you guys arn't playing till january? are you working on material right now? (oh and agreeing to wait till later to have periodic sessions is alright, but your still going to a jam everyonce in awhile b4 then right?

right now everyone is just working on material. some of us get together sometimes to just play though, but because our bassist doesnt have one, its hard to write that.
Quote by fixx_
My band needs a new drummer.
We practice in Fenton and already have a set,
but we play punk.

Sure i'll play some beats for you guys. My favorite genre - thrash metal was heavily influenced by punk. I'm not really with the punk scene ( after 1990 ) but perhaps ill stop over and see what you guys are putting together.

Quote by mybandsuks_15
right now everyone is just working on material. some of us get together sometimes to just play though, but because our bassist doesnt have one, its hard to write that.

Hmm well bass is kind of an after thought generally anyway right? Unless some of your songs were really bass orientated, you could just have someone with very basic music theory write your bass lines. root - third - fifth
Quote by Timothy Leary

Last edited by Americanhoser at Aug 23, 2007,
I live in flint man, willing to start a band. I play metal.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original