Hey guys,

I rarely pop over to this area of the forum because i'm an electric kinda guy, but after routing round in my loft I remembered I had an acoustic guitar that my uncle gave me years back. Forgive me as I know very little of acoustics

So I got it down and gave it a dust off. I've not heard of the brand "Sigma" but the model number is DT-3, and looks like a Martin acoustic. It is in a vintage sunburst colour in the dreadnought shape. My friend said it might be a rare model, as he'd not even heard of a Sigma DT-3.

Body top is flamed wood, with flamed sides and back too. White triple ply binding on body front and back, and a stripe down the back of the guitar's body which looks like the cream binding. Headstock has the flamed wood on also. It looks ace, but sounds pretty toneless having got years old rusted strings on.

Does anyone know, if I've had all my tetnus jabs will I still catch the tetnus from playing these rusted strings?

Cheers,

Darren
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by G-man05
I doubt it, but just change the F*cking strings

+1
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Peavey ValveKing 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2

I live in your eyes.
There's not fully rusted, just have gone black slightly with small patches of tinting on the EAD strings.

I've been playing it for 20 minutes, sound pretty nice considering the age.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
You need to replace strings on an acoustic at least once a month. They go dead. When they change color they are good and dead. It sounds like your strings died several times over. I would recommend a nice Martin string. Probably a Phosphor bronze since it's a Martin Sigma. Try the Martin Marquis Phosphor Bronze. I use them and love them.
Thanks for your suggestion, will take a look if they have them at my local music shop.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!