I'm still looking for something to confirm this but apparently Line 6 is producing an amp that goes into a digital preamp, then into a tube driven preamp (is that possible?), into 6l6 power tubes. says its designed by Reinhold Bogner, and will have the Bogner name on the front. The thing i'm reading also says Line 6 will be helping to designed new Bogner models. The three amps set for production are a 1X12 combo (40 watts, two 6L6's with a Vintage 30), a 2X12 combo (40 watts, two V30's) and a 100 watt head with four 6L6's.

what the fuck is going on?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I doubt bogner would put it's name on a bad amp- should be interesting.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
well Line 6 in general isn't bad (i still wont buy one), but i don't understand why Bogner would put its name on a company far, far below its reputation level.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Line 6 is bad? Since when? They get a bad reputation because the Spider series is geared toward beginner guitarist, and is really not a "tone machine" of any credibility. The Flextone series and the Vetta series are both excellent. The Vetta especially.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by igotabcrich32
I'm still looking for something to confirm this but apparently Line 6 is producing an amp that goes into a digital preamp, then into a tube driven preamp (is that possible?), into 6l6 power tubes. says its designed by Reinhold Bogner, and will have the Bogner name on the front. The thing i'm reading also says Line 6 will be helping to designed new Bogner models. The three amps set for production are a 1X12 combo (40 watts, two 6L6's with a Vintage 30), a 2X12 combo (40 watts, two V30's) and a 100 watt head with four 6L6's.

what the fuck is going on?

It's been done, it's called the switchblade, by hughes and kettner. Sounds damn good.

Hell, any modeling/digital multi into a tube amp will fall under that category.

The predecessor to the spider series was pretty good, the AX series.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Aug 7, 2007,
Quote by ChurchNSkate
Line 6 is bad? Since when? They get a bad reputation because the Spider series is geared toward beginner guitarist, and is really not a "tone machine" of any credibility. The Flextone series and the Vetta series are both excellent. The Vetta especially.

Don't forget how awesome the PodXT is, I personally think it's the SEX!
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
first of all, there was a thread on this last week.

now that thats out of the way. the whole line 6 being bad thing is just UG hype. try a pod pro or something through a tube power amp. i personally cant wait, im going modeling/tube for my live rig, this might save me a whole lot of trouble.
Quote by jman007_93
Q: Why is there a digital pre-amp in a tube amp?

A: Ahh, because it's a Line 6.

You're a stupid ****. There are lots of setups with digital preamps and tube poweramps. Dave mustaine (before the line 6) had a prophesy modeling amp and tube preamp.Meshuggah played with podxt's through tube power amps. Alexei Laiho has rocktron digital preamps too. Hughes and Kettner makes a digital preamp + tube preamp and power amp that Alex Lifeson uses right now. There are plenty of rack setups that follow that path, not just line 6.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
You're a stupid ****. There are lots of setups with digital preamps and tube poweramps. Dave mustaine (before the line 6) had a prophesy modeling amp and tube preamp.Meshuggah played with podxt's through tube power amps. Alexei Laiho has rocktron digital preamps too. Hughes and Kettner makes a digital preamp + tube preamp and power amp that Alex Lifeson uses right now. There are plenty of rack setups that follow that path, not just line 6.

That first statement sums up a lot.

seriously though, listen to Rein, he's obviously very knowledgeable about these things and i suggest you listen to him.
Quote by igotabcrich32
That first statement sums up a lot.

seriously though, listen to Rein, he's obviously very knowledgeable about these things and i suggest you listen to him.

Thank you

Vegetoe: I'm not sure, but when I saw them live half a year ago, he was still on rocktron digital though, so it might have changed, and you might be right. However, my point was to show that a digital modeling preamp (Or digital+tube pre) into a tube amp does not instantly mean line 6.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by igotabcrich32
The thing i'm reading also says Line 6 will be helping to designed new Bogner models.

Oh dear....

Amps to buy:
Bogner Ecstacy
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by tubab0y
I doubt bogner would put it's name on a bad amp- should be interesting.

Think of the money.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Quote by xifr
Oh dear....

Amps to buy:
Bogner Ecstacy

Keywords: "New Models"

Not producing current models of bogner amps. It might be interesting, so long as he doesn't slap his name on the cheap spiders.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I want to see these amps, they sound interesting.
Guitars / Bass
60th anniversary strat
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic
Mitchell Electric-Acoustic
60th anniversary p-bass

Amps
TSL60 w/ 1960a
Frontman 25R II
Behringer BXL450A
well , interesting ..... well if its anything like a H&K switchblade then bring em on , i tried one a week ago , not really suited for my kinda playing but man that things got some nice mids , drive and features , just not my kinda vibe .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Bogner did not up and decide: "Hey, let's mod a Spider and put tubes in it!", from what I've heard they were interested in doing some sort of digital product and Line 6, being a very reputable digital amp company threw out the idea of joining up with Bogner and Bogner agreed, it's just a rumor now, but if it's true then that's what happened.
Quote by El Codyo
Bogner did not up and decide: "Hey, let's mod a Spider and put tubes in it!", from what I've heard they were interested in doing some sort of digital product and Line 6, being a very reputable digital amp company threw out the idea of joining up with Bogner and Bogner agreed, it's just a rumor now, but if it's true then that's what happened.

Call me a cynic, but I reckon it was more like:
L6: Hey, we've got a pretty bad image in the upper range, so let's get some reputable boutique brand's logo on some of our amps so those guys will buy them.
Bogner: Hey, those L6 guys get a lot of sales, maybe if join up with them more people will buy my stuff.

$$$
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Quote by xifr
Call me a cynic, but I reckon it was more like:
L6: Hey, we've got a pretty bad image in the upper range, so let's get some reputable boutique brand's logo on some of our amps so those guys will buy them.
Bogner: Hey, those L6 guys get a lot of sales, maybe if join up with them more people will buy my stuff.

$$$

I don't doubt that this was made as a strategic buisiness move by both parties, but the results could be amazing. Line6 makes a great product, but that product has been tainted by low-end pieces like the Spider. Reading the news this morning, I can kind of associate this whole Line6/tube thing with the Barry Bonds home run record. The end result is amazing, but the end result will always be tainted because it will have a Line6 logo on it.

I was a tube snob long before I got really involved with SS and digital technology. Once I did, I realized what I was missing. I'm not saying digital will blow tubes out of the water...that's just ignorant. What I'm saying is that there's a place for both. In this industry, I'm happy to see any innovation at all. The guitar industry is rather stagnant. I'm not knocking the designs, but I'd rather see something different than the typical Les Paul/Strat/Marshall/Fender "updates". There was a bit of a digital revolution of sorts in the mid 90's when Line6 came on the scene (Johnson was there as well, but not many have had a chance to try one). DigiTech was there with their rack preamps (digital+tube) and floor processors. As basic as these units were, it's sad to say that many of them are still on par if not better than currently produced digital units. Preamps aside, look at the early Eventide processors or even the TC Electronic G-Force. These units have been in production for a long time, and even the first units are still amazing. It's rather funny that a digital processor is praised whenever it's good, but when it's bad, it's slagged for being digital instead of being dogged for being a bad product. I think we've all made that mistake at least once.

Dog the bad products for being bad products, but don't slam an entire medium because of that bad product.
Quote by FenderBassist21
Don't forget how awesome the PodXT is, I personally think it's the SEX!

I heard a PodXT go into an Atomic slave amp

It sounds great
Quote by Untitled001
I heard a PodXT go into an Atomic slave amp

It sounds great

I recently got the Atomic 112-18 for my XT and by god its made a huge difference. Its killed the digital fizz of the high gain and rounded the tone very well along with adding much needed life into the cleans. Im loving the difference. Its also very loud for a 18w amp.
Quote by halikus
I recently got the Atomic 112-18 for my XT and by god its made a huge difference. Its killed the digital fizz of the high gain and rounded the tone very well along with adding much needed life into the cleans. Im loving the difference. Its also very loud for a 18w amp.

I was actually thinking of getting that sorta set up a long time ago.. But I ended up getting a Cube 60 instead

I still like it only I want better
I know the feeling man, I get it and almost immediately I'm looking to upgrade the XT for a proper tube preamp.