Page 1 of 4
I honestly think they are a great band but I have heard many people on here bashing them and I want to know their reasoning behind this. In my opinion they are some of the most talented musicians I have seen. M. Shadows is a great pianist and vocalist. Both Syn Gates and Zacky Vengeance are great guitarists the rev is a very accomplished musician he is an excellent drummer along with a pretty good bassist and pianist and Johnny Christ as a great bassist as well. I was just wondering if you don't like Avenged Sevenfold what your reasoning behind it was.
Strength of the World
Sorry, this is the wrong forum for discussing any bands and artists. You should find a thread on Avenged sevenfold in the Hardcore Forum under the Bands and Artists section.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Their fans will never understand why there are actually way better and more skilled acts out there...
I don't have anything against them. To me, they make mediocre music. They're not bad, but they're not great either.

I don't like a lot of the fans because they think they're so tough and metal listening to A7X.
I completely hate their image. Their drummer is a watered down, overrated version of Mike Portnoy. Synyster Gates is first of all a retarded name, and hes definitely overrated, like A LOT. There are bands that I like less, but not many.
We're only strays.
Quote by JustZeroes
Their fans will never understand why there are actually way better and more skilled acts out there...

Because people like what they listen to.
Nobody has to listen to music that you or anyone else finds superior.
The first album I heard was Waking the Fallen which is great. I think it has great musicianship and you can tell they care. Their newer one has some technical parts but it just feels empty to me. It has a couple of good songs but as a whole none compare with Waking the Fallen. M. Shadows voice bothers me a little too, especially on the new record. I think a lot of people are turned off bit by their image. Their drummer is really impressive to me though.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']They were great pre-city of evil..

I agree but City of Evil isn't bad.
I don't think they're bad, but I really only like the music off of their City of Evil album.

They're not the best, but there's certainly worse out there.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I ****in love them, but understand why peopl hate them

But Wakking The Fallen IS a great album, no doubt. People started to hate them with their new image and style, not when they were a much draker band.

PLEASE LISTEN TO "ETERNAL REST" It show what they USED to be, which is Heavy ****in Metal
They all have gay names, and I hate screamy bands.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by the1
PLEASE LISTEN TO "ETERNAL REST" It show what they USED to be, which is Heavy ****in Metal

Hardly

Quote by Napalmdeth
I find their faggotry annoying as hell

Noone makes you listen to it
Quote by Barbarastreisnd
The first album I heard was Waking the Fallen which is great. I think it has great musicianship and you can tell they care. Their newer one has some technical parts but it just feels empty to me. It has a couple of good songs but as a whole none compare with Waking the Fallen. M. Shadows voice bothers me a little too, especially on the new record. I think a lot of people are turned off bit by their image. Their drummer is really impressive to me though.

I agree that City of Evil is definitely a weaker album than Waking the Fallen and the reason M. Shadows voices is worse in the new record is because he ruptured his vocal chords and had to have them repaired.
Strength of the World
How isn't it?? I'm not bien elitist, yes it's metalcore, but heavy and metal influenced nontheless
Quote by synslash26
I agree that City of Evil is definitely a weaker album than Waking the Fallen and the reason M. Shadows voices is worse in the new record is because he ruptured his vocal chords and had to have them repaired.

Thats bull**** m8, he just hated the screaming scene,says so on the DVD
Quote by the1
How isn't it?? I'm not bien elitist, yes it's metalcore, but heavy and metal influenced nontheless

Being metal influenced does not make something 'heavy ****ing metal'
First of all if you think they make good music then thats all the opinion that matters. I hate people who don't like bands just because sites like UG say they suck. I like this band but c'mon, their names? Oh and I liked them better when their vocalist could scream, it was harder. Now they're going for a classic hard rock sort of feel. I dunno just my opnion
I like them , and I think Syn is cool as ****, but I gota say there IS an ONLY A7X thread, so I have no choice but to say *reported*. .

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by the1
I ****in love them, but understand why peopl hate them

But Wakking The Fallen IS a great album, no doubt. People started to hate them with their new image and style, not when they were a much draker band.

IMO with their new image and style, as you put it, they just take themselves too seriously. I mean younger people like in middle school and early highschool can get into it, but I just think its stupid. I mean like Alice Cooper, or glam rock bands from the 80s, they all had a sense of humor about it. But A7X doesn't and that just makes it gay to me.
We're only strays.
Quote by GiantRaven
Being metal influenced does not make something 'heavy ****ing metal'

I speakin in general terms, not doin all this catergorisation ****. I can't be bothere. Stop bein a grumpy pants!!!!
On City of Evil, they seem like a watered down version of Iron Maiden and Guns ´N´ Roses.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
IMO with their new image and style, as you put it, they just take themselves to seriously. I mean younger people like in middle school and early highschool can get into it, but I just think its stupid. I mean like Alice Cooper, or glam rock bands from the 80s, they all had a sense of humor about it. But A7X doesn't and that just makes it gay to me.

Hey, no other band do it at the mo!
They just stand out, thats why alot of peopl hate them.
Sounding The Seventh Trumpet is a great punk/harcore record though, e.g Darkness Surrounding.

TBH, none of their records sound like the same band whatsoever
I think if you listen to I Wont See You Tonight Part 1 and 2 it on Waking the Fallen it really displays their talent in Part 1 M. Shadows composed the entire orchestra part himself and part 2 is a pretty heavy song but they both mesh together well I honestly think they are a great band.
Strength of the World
Quote by synslash26
I honestly think they are a great band but I have heard many people on here bashing them and I want to know their reasoning behind this. In my opinion they are some of the most talented musicians I have seen. M. Shadows is a great pianist and vocalist. Both Syn Gates and Zacky Vengeance are great guitarists the rev is a very accomplished musician he is an excellent drummer along with a pretty good bassist and pianist and Johnny Christ as a great bassist as well. I was just wondering if you don't like Avenged Sevenfold what your reasoning behind it was.

Why I could never listen to them without just erupting in laughter. Their names are beyond gay.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by synslash26
I think if you listen to I Wont See You Tonight Part 1 and 2 it on Waking the Fallen it really displays their talent in Part 1 M. Shadows composed the entire orchestra part himself and part 2 is a pretty heavy song but they both mesh together well I honestly think they are a great band.

Exactly, they are accomplished musicians. Not the greatest in the world, but undoubtedly good. Syn does alot of work with the Symphoney in COE too.
Quote by the1
Hey, no other band do it at the mo!
They just stand out, thats why alot of peopl hate them.

Yeah no other band does it because they're not losers. And yeah they do stand out, I'll admit that, but thats really about all they got going for them IMO and the reason they stand out, like I said earlier, is goofy (like giving themselves names like Synyster Gates).
We're only strays.
City of Evil was over produced in my opinion. Y'know, when there's a 9 minute track where half the song is more orchestra than band? Good idea, but wasn't really needed. It's a great song without all that extra stuff.

They don't sound as good live compared to their album (especially the City of Evil stuff). Burn It Down sounds great on CD when the first harmony kicks in, but when it's live and only the bass is backing the guitars up, it doesn't sound as explosive.

Still a great band though.
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
Also I understand that there is an A7X only forum but I felt I would get better responses from my fellow people in the pit.
Strength of the World
M. Shadows is a terrible vocalist. Any sort of live performance of theirs is brought down by his vocals. The guitar player is a way better vocalist. On the albums he's decent though.

I can't attest for Vengeance, but Gates doesn't even know how to play his own songs. I saw a video of him trying to teach how to play Beast And The Harlot (the only enjoyable song of theirs that I've heard), and he couldn't think of how to play it (it wasn't one of those fake videos either).

Their drummer is fantastic, I'll give you that.

Their bassist hasn't done anything special that I've heard.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by The_Okie
Why I could never listen to them without just erupting in laughter. Their names are beyond gay.

Well in their defence, they are STAGE NAMES. Music is entertainment. Slash is a ****in **** name. So's Dimebag, but it's STAGE, it's supposed to be kinda cheesy or out there. They still go by their real names in real life.
Page 1 of 4