Right... So I know that's sort of hard to answer... But a few of my friends have epi's and they sound really bad. I was thinking I might buy this guitar... But I wanted to know if it was a good guitar... and if it isn't, what I should get that is around $500.

(Normally I would look at the customer reviews... but every guitar on this site has 10 different people screaming that it's the greatest guitar ever. So yeah.)

Thanks
I play mostly blues and rock.

And about the amp... I have a crappy one. I was going to buy a new one when I got a new guitar so I am not sure.
Quote by c0m2011
I play mostly blues and rock.

And about the amp... I have a crappy one. I was going to buy a new one when I got a new guitar so I am not sure.

Did you ever consider the MIM Strat? It goes hand to hand with the styles that you play.

But get a new amp first though, preferably a Valvetronix (NOT the XLs) to suit your styles, if you're on a fairly low budget.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
My advice to you is get a new amp first. The amp makes a bigger difference than the guitar. But about the guitar, I don't think it will suite you very well in the blues category. I suggest you go for a Fender Strat or a Epiphone Les Paul.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
Why do you think they sound bad?

G400's are sweet ass guitars.

Not a g400...just epiphone as a brand. I've only played them for a few minutes... they just sounded sort of bad.
Oy this thread is full of stange-ass advice.

Well I assume you have begginer guitar and amp, don't get a new guitar and play it through your crappy amp, it'll sound exactly the same.

It is okay to get a new amp, but it's great to get both!

Make sure you get a nice tube amp though, it's better to use your guitar money towards a better amp then to get a mediocre amp. You can save for a guitar later, and in the meantime you'll sound much better, your amp means more to your tone than your guitar

Blues/Rock is incredibly vague, what bands do you like? Who are your favorite guitarists?

A G-400 would work for that, so would a strat, so would a damn Ibanez, so we can't help on the guitar front without more info.

How much money do you have for guitar and amp?

Lastly, G-400s are very nice guitars, they're neck heavy, but it's not a big issue, you have a left hand for a reason.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
well like people above said, the majority of your tone comes from your amp... so getting a decent 30 watt combo or something should be your first upgrade..

As for the guitar, for the price its a good guitar, throw some nice pickups in it and it wont be to bad. I still like my gibson sg better, but with all the quality control issues with gibson recently I dunno about em...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by hamish5178
Oy this thread is full of stange-ass advice.

Well I assume you have begginer guitar and amp, don't get a new guitar and play it through your crappy amp, it'll sound exactly the same.

Blues/Rock is incredibly vague, what bands do you like? Who are your favorite guitarists?

How much money do you have for guitar and amp?

Yes... I do have a beginner amp and as for a guitar... sort of. I have a strat. It's not a very ncie one... but it works well.

And I was going to get a new amp with it. I am just sick of my guitar.

And as for the bands... I like Rise Against... Tom Petty... Boston. Very eclectic...