Poll: Tetanus shot.
Poll Options
View poll results: Tetanus shot.
Yay!
49 89%
Nay!
6 11%
Voters: 55.
Aright, so yesterday on or about 4:00 PM; I stepped on twin rusty nails. They went through my shoe and pierced my foot. Not deeply, mind, but it hurt a bit and drew a little blood. I googled tetanus and found out that it takes 2-14 days for symptoms of tetanus to show. It's been about 29 hours now and my foot looks normal(no swelling, redness) so I'm not that worried. I'll probably go to the hospital before work tomorrow and get a tetanus shot, but I want UG's opinion if for no other reason than to get a larf.

ToxEDIT- also, post funy and/or interesting stories in which tetanus might have been an issue.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Last edited by toxicity33 at Aug 7, 2007,
You should be fine. I stepped on a rusty nail when I was five that went straight through my foot, but I didn't have any problems afterwards. Then again, at that age I had no clue what tetanus was.

But go check just in case. It's always better to be on the safe side.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Get it, If it turns out you do have tetanus you will be glad you got it and if you don't then you wont have to worry about getting another one in the future.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Demon Wolf
You should be fine. I stepped on a rusty nail when I was five that went straight through my foot, but I didn't have any problems afterwards. Then again, at that age I had no clue what tetanus was.

But go check just in case. It's always better to be on the safe side.

He's right. If you get the shot, chances are nothing will happen. If you don't get it, and something does happen, you'll regret it.
No matter what you do, DO NOT rub Icy Hot on it. It'll get infected, you'll have to go to the hospital, they'll need to operate, they won't be able to save it, they'll have to amputate. Something will go wrong in surgery, you'll get gangrene, it'll become serious, and you'll die.

Icy Hot is never the answer.

Anyway, get the shot.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Mr. B
dude push through the pain..

tetanus isnt that bad......

Actually it doesn't hurt. It stopped hurting like 15 minutes after it happened.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Fact: The government uses vaccinations to inject mind control substances into you.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Get the shot anyways cause you could get effed up if you do get tetanus
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Yeah, get it. Better safe than sorry. Last year I think it was..I was on my skateboard..I went too fast and couldn't stop, and there was fence. So, the fence had these things that stuck out...So I jumped into the fence and it cut right through my hand. It made a hole in it.
let yourself get tetanus so you can build up your immunity. it's one of those diseases you want to get as a kid and not as an adult.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by severed-metal
Yeah, get it. Better safe than sorry. Last year I think it was..I was on my skateboard..I went too fast and couldn't stop, and there was fence. So, the fence had these things that stuck out...So I jumped into the fence and it cut right through my hand. It made a hole in it.

pics or it didnt happen. seriosuly...i wanna see.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX
let yourself get tetanus so you can build up your immunity. it's one of those diseases you want to get as a kid and not as an adult.

Dear god, I hope you're kidding.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

While you're at it, try catching some other diseases. I mean, if you can avoid them, don't. That's just stupid.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
If it was me, I wouldn't bother.

I've had the fuck torn outta me by barbed wire and the like and I appear to be fine .
Quote by moonhawk
pics or it didnt happen. seriosuly...i wanna see.

Sorry, man. There would be nothing to see anyway, my foot looks completely normal, because the holes were small and closed quickly.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
you'ld be stupid if you dont take the shot...

Its even good just as a precaution... Rusty nails are always dangerous and if it gets infected, it'll get bad... really bad... can also lead to death if not treated immediately...

The bacteria that causes tetanus is a really dangerous bacteria... people underestimate it a lot..
If you allow it to build up in your body, it'll start oxidising the glucose in you muscles anarobically into lactic acid. The build up of lactic acid will end up tensing up your muscles... And the bacteria will keep on growing till they take over your whole body and you're whole body is tense now... your heart stops functioning as it gets tense too... and yeah, you die!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 7, 2007,
Quote by Demon Wolf
While you're at it, try catching some other diseases. I mean, if you can avoid them, don't. That's just stupid.

while i was being sarcastic, it is pretty common knowledge that after you have a disease, youre body builds up an immunity due to the production of antibodies..
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX
while i was being sarcastic, it is pretty common knowledge that after you have a disease, youre body builds up an immunity due to the production of antibodies..

But that shouldn't be practised outside of vaccinations and even then it's not enough of the disease to get sick.
Quote by KickOutTheJamsX

tetanus is not a disease. Its a condition caused due to the buildup of this tetini bacteria in your body.
If your body gets infected by that bacteria, you wont get a second chance to develop immunity for it cuz you straight die!
When in doubt, go to the hospital!
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Hmm... I could get a shot that hurts a little, or i could risk getting Tetanus and DYING. hard choice.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

If you take the precaution and close any possibilities of amputation your leg or even death then don't be stupid and take the injection. It hardly hurts... okay i admit it hurts a bit and stays sore for a while but i'm pretty sure it'll hurt less than that nail you stepped on!
And its not even very expensive!!

Quote by wikipedia
Colloquially, tetanus is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this concept is somewhat misleading. Objects that accumulate rust are often found outdoors, or in places that harbor anaerobic bacteria, but the rust itself does not cause tetanus nor does it contain more C. tetani bacteria. The rough surface of rusty metal merely provides a prime habitat for a C. tetani endospore to reside. An endospore is a non-metabolising survival structure that begins to metabolise and cause infection once in an adequate environment. Because C. tetani is an anaerobic bacterium, it, and its endospores, will thrive in an environment that lacks oxygen. Hence, stepping on a nail (rusty or not) may result in a tetanus infection, due to the ideal bacterial breeding ground provided by the low-oxygen environment of a puncture wound.

Was that a rusted nail that you stepped on???
HMM HAVE A SHOT THAT ISN'T PAINFUL, or get lockjaw and die..........OH THE DECISIONS TO BE MADE IN LIFE!