I've had braces for a couple months now and when I first got them they gave me wax. How the hell do I use it or more importantly, what is it for?
it doesn't do **** throw it away. all i remember is puting it on the brackets and i think its supposed relieve pain although thats wut ibuprofen is for but don't get addicted. that happened to me when i got me teeth pulled.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
The wax is there for anywhere that your braces scratch the inside of your mouth. If your cheek is being torn up, glob a stick of wax to the offending section of braces, and then instead of rubbing against jagged metal, your mouth can rest easily on a smoother surface.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
If any part of your braces are cutting the inside of your mouth or are poking you, you tear off a small piece of it and put it on the braces where they're hurting you.
"The poor didn't want this one."
Wax is used for like, on the weekends, if you have a wire poking you, you stick it on the wire in the back
I have braces too =]
So, take a piece and then stick it where the wire is poking
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

its to prevent the braces from scraping the inside of your mouth, but I find they're just annoying and you swallow them occasionally
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
I have braces. They´re a pain in the ass though
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
That's nothing. I had a pallet extender. Talk about hell.
"The poor didn't want this one."
Quote by pftyeaiplaybass
That's nothing. I had a pallet extender. Talk about hell.

+100000

I had a pallet expander, and an impacted cuspid.

Luckily, I had them only on for 5 years, and boy was it worth it. Girls LOVE my smile.
Not Enough AssHatery
lol i just got braces today and already all i want to do is rip them out b cuz braces are a pain in the ass, or in this case, my teeth.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
i hate braces this is the second time i've had em and i don't know when i get em off my orthodontis first said right before halloween and then before christmas and now he's saying mid january
Gear
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I had braces for a while, I actually got them off before my friends started getting them on.

One thing I can say I'm happy about is before I had braces, I used to snore, and ever since I had them, I don't. Palette extenders, you painful yet genius bastard.

I had braces for 8 years. I had the largest overbite my orthodontist had ever seen. He gave me what was called a Herbst device that brought my bottom jaw forward and my top jaw back. My mouth kicks so much ass now.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
i had my first set in 5th grade
Gear
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Here_is_no_why
I had braces for 8 years. I had the largest overbite my orthodontist had ever seen. He gave me what was called a Herbst device that brought my bottom jaw forward and my top jaw back. My mouth kicks so much ass now.

I sadly didn't wear my retainer enough after I got my braces off. A long-term decision I still regret. My bottom teeth sit just a bit too far back. But oh well, there's Invisalign for a reason, I won't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

Quote by lounge act
I used to use tons of wax but now I'm used to it. Every now and then my teeth scratch my mouth like crazy, such as right now. I would use the wax but oh well I guess I'm just hardcore. I also chew gum with them, oh yea... I must be hardcore

I'll bet you ride your bike without a helmet. Goddamn you're hardcore!
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
I remember the wax! Good ol' wax. It saved my mouth a few times. Savour the wax, my friend! You'll need it some time down the road.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Its semi helpful

Dont swallow it

It really saved my balls when my braces broke.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon