I've heard that these provide a similar tone to Mesas but are much more reasonably priced. Does anyone know know about their sound and reputation?
Gibson SG Standard
Dean Avalanche
Line 6 Spider II 30
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains- 10/7/07
Foo Fighters - 1/17/08
Pearl Jam - 6/12/08
Stone Temple Pilots- 8/22/08
Seconded, someone answer por favor
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
I want to buy one...

so far i've heard they're extremely versatile since they can give similar tones to Marshalls, but with Mesa-type gain and cleans similar (though not with that much reverb) to Fenders. They tend to be slightly dark sounding as well.

I have read a couple of bad things though on a couple of cases...such as fast heating and some manufacturing defects (nameplates falling off, slight assembly problems), the reverb in some tends to decay over time. I think these are just bad lemmons though.

Idk...that's what I'VE heard...but i've never actually played one...can't wait till i do.

EDIT: they sound effin' great for any style.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
/\

The 1x12's overheat apparently, but the 2x12s have a better time dealing with heat.
I have a b-52 LG100A half stack, and it's great, especially for being a solid state amp. The gain is in between a mesa and 6505+. It actually compared to my old 6505+ pretty well, but not as much to my plexi =D
Gibson Les Paul Studio
homeade PRS and tele
Marshall 100 watt plexi
thd hot plate
B-52 gold series cab
Boss NS-2, DD20
(soon) keeley modded Ibanez TS9DX turbo tubescreamer
From my experiences with them, you can make a Boogie sound like they do but you can't make a B-52 sound like a Boogie.

B-52's have a bit more of a rock edge to their distortion, not quite as modern. They remind me of a hot rodded Marshall. They're affordable and give you good tones, not mesa good, but good nonetheless.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
They're good for high gain but the cleans blow and to whoever said fender like NOT EVEN CLOSE. Good for straight up rock though not quite mesa or marshall but good. Ive heard that they have problems w/ overheating as well but they should be warrantied. Dont get one used.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I thought the cleans were pretty good, considering most $600 tube amps can only do either gain or cleans well.

B-52's warranty service is pretty good, and email correspondence was great.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I have the solid state LG100 Halfstack.......its got a killer tone from a solid state amp. Definitely better than my old Marshall valvestate....Mine seems built like a tank. And it helps I only paid 200 for it. Its a reliable amp, and has already played two shows with me at some pretty large venues (Cats Cradle in Chapel Hill being one) And it definately kept up with a friends 5150. While I eventually would like to have a 5150, the B-52 is pretty sick.

The tube B-52s are even better, especially when the stock tubes are swapped out
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge